Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tri Tip

Frank from Houma
Frank from Houma Posts: 5,755
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Picked up a tri tip at Whole Foods yesterday. Seared it on the XL and then transferred to the small and roasted at 350 dome until 125 at the thickest part of the tri tip. Just salt and pepper for the rub. It was real good with a small salad and a Chilean Cabernet. Wish I could find tri tips closer to home.

101_2710800x600.jpg

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Do you have a Costco nearby??
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    well you are backward from me i usually sear on the small and do the slower step on the large i geess i should eggsperiment :blush:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Frank from Houma
    We don't have a Costco. I found one at our local chain (Rouse) about 3 months ago - they haven't had one since then and I go through there checking about 5 times a week.
  • HolySmokes
    HolySmokes Posts: 446
    nice
    I especially like the sear vs. red flesh.
    looks great!
    thanks, HS
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    looks good, I'm with you, just salt, crack pepper and garlic on steaks....got a flat iron in the freezer, you just convinced me to hang it out for this weekend. T
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Looks good Frank. Tri tip is something I haven't got right yet. Eather its me or rhe cuts just haven't been good. I suspect the later as like you its hard to find and sort of an after thought cut around hear.
  • Frank from Houma
    It seems to make more sense to go to searing temps on the small rather than the XL but I have the half moon CI grid on the XL and a nomex gasket on the XL. Still have my felt gasket on the small and no CI grid yet.
  • mattk330
    mattk330 Posts: 74
    That's a good looking tri-tip! I need to get one of those and make some good ole steak sandwiches!
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    yea i guess it is time to invest in the nomex on the small with the cast iron grid... my small seems to get to nuclear temps faster tasn my large.. my gasket is toast but i don't care

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb