Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Orange Marmalade Ribs

Options
Lawn Ranger
Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've never been a rib cook. I love them, but for some reason have never taken the time to study and perfect the art of cooking them. I decided it was time I learned, so I called the expert. Carwash didn't answer, so I went to the Yoda of the Egg.... Chubby gave me lots of good advice and suggested the 3-1-1 method with some added extras. Anyway, after the phone conversation ended (about an hour later) I was ready to go.

I gave them a good rub with yellow mustard and a blend of Red-Eye Express and Coarse Dizzy Dust and let them sit for about 6 hours (forgot to do them the night before). After the 3 hours indirect at 230, I placed them meat side down in a doublefoiled pouch filled with orange marmalade, butter and apple cider. I was lucky there was any left in the pan because I was sampling this mixture all the way to the Egg. It would be killer on ice cream.

After 1 hour of this I removed from foil and back on indirect, and drizzled the remaining mixture on the ribs. Continued cooking at 230 for about 45 minutes and then sauced with a Fredericksburg Farms South Texas Mesquite BBQ Sauce. I really like their products. http://fbgfarms.com/

They're not traditional ribs, but they were absolutely great!

ribs030.jpg

ribs011.jpg

ribs015.jpg

ribs019.jpg

Comments