Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pigs in the Park - Danville, VA

Options
Bahmanicious
Bahmanicious Posts: 105
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Everybody,
Our local KCBS cookoff started Friday afternoon here. I went by the park yesterday looking for teams with Eggs. Ran across Wild Bill's, an all Egg team out of Cleveland,OH cooking with Maple Leaf Lump. Also met Chris and Brian (Dizzy Pig) and Brian made me a great deal on one of each of their product. Thanks guys!

One of our local teams (Pig Me) that has been cooking exclusively with a Fast Eddie and BGE, now is a Primo dealer. BIG surprise to me. They still are cooking with the Egg BTW.

Spent a little time with Ken Hess (Hoss' BBQ) He has one monster cooker plus his Egg. IIRC, he said he can get about 60 briskets on that thing.

Right across the way was Celtic Spirit BBQ. I stopped to introduce myself to Celtic Wolf. It was around 6PM on Friday. Is he ALWAYS that grumpy, or did I just catch him at a bad time?

Spent a good part of this afternoon with Dr. Smoke from Smokinlicious (smokinlicious.com) at a demo at our local True Value hardware store that is a distributor of Smokinlicious products and BGE dealer. Learned a thing or two and sampled some great food prepared on a medium Egg and a Holland grill. Maybe he can jump in and tell us all about the "dead bird box." I am building one tomorrow.

Anyway, that's my story and I am sticking to it. I didn't get back to the park today for the results, but they should be posted in the local fishwrap in the morning. I'll let you know if Egg teams place.
Best,
WA

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Pete grumpy, surely you must have had him confused with someone else. :laugh: -RP
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Options
    He is the most grumpiest person you will every meet. LOL oh yeah don't let him fool you he is a dam yankee like me.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    LOL Pete's always happy

100_1714.jpg
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i have gone and competed with pete and to be frank with you when i went i figured out why they call it "COMPETETION BBQ" because it really is a competetion... and everyone there is really proud of what they are getting ready to turn in... and you proabably caught pete around turn in time ;)

best time to catch the WOLF is the night before real late like this photographer did of us last year...

IMG_8920.jpg

or if you can't be there for that then get him right after turn he is really a great egger... proabably not the most freindliest person you are going to meet but is really a first class fellow... but if you get him around turn in time around one of his most strenuous {sp}times then this is the guy you will meet

Eggtoberfest07008.jpg

love ya pete B)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    Options
    Any results on how Dizzy Pig and Celtic Wolf did in this competition?

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Grumpy!! Hmmmmm I didn't think I was grumpy.. I was actually rather relaxed..

Sorry if you thought I was grumpy.

Trust me BENTE has seen m grumpy..