Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

need help with wings

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have never done wings on an egg just want to do something simple can any one help.
Thanks Jerome

Comments

• PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    You mean something like this?

wings1.jpg

Or this....

LemmonPepper.jpg

And end in this?

bone.jpg
  • Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Options
    How about cooking them until 180 and then just saucing. Or try this way.

http://www.dizzypigbbq.com/recipesWings.html

Or here.

http://www.suckcreekwings.com/preparation.html
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    these are wonderful

05-03-08a001.jpg

Wings, Chicken, Georgia Red, Wise One

I think you'll like this, it's definitely one of the best I've ever tasted. It's not over-poweringly spicy but quite flavorful.

INGREDIENTS:
    3-4 lbs chicken wings
    3/4 cup soy sauce
    1 1/4 cups water
    1/2 cup Texas Pete hot sauce
    1/2 cup lemon juice
    1/2 cup Hot and Spicy V8 juice

Procedure
    1 Cut the wings apart at the joints discarding (or saving for stock) the tips.
    2 Combine marinade ingredients in a large container with a lid. and place the wings in the container making sure they are all covered with marinade.
    3 It is best to let the wings marinate in the refrigerator overnight (or at least 2-4 hours).
    4 Remove the wings from the marinade and sprinkle with Big Green Egg Gourmet Seasoning (or your favorite rub for chicken).
    5 Grill indirect at about 350 deg. for 15 to 30 minutes on each side. If grilling direct, monitor carefully and turn every 10 minutes.

Servings: 1

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Poultry, Appetizer, Snack

Recipe Source
    Author: Wise One

Source: BGE Forum, Wise One

Personally, I like them very crispy (an hour) but some like them just barely browned (30-40 minutes).

This does enough wings to cover the grill of a large BGE with some sapce between the wings. You could probably double the recipe and get them all on, but you would be overlapping some.

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    I do them raised grid, 375-350 dome temp for about one hour. If you can't do raised grid then set them around the outer edge of the grid.

One hint when placing wings on the grid, set them all the same side up. Makes for flipping much easier during the cook when you wonder.....did I flip that one or not.

wingsextender1.jpg

flatironandribeyes004.jpg
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    Options
    I just cook them at 375 until they hit 180. Then I sauce them with Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce and throw them back on for about 5 minutes to get the sauce set. Open a beer and eat wings until I'm filled up.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    For simple (no turn) wings, go to Ace or Lowes and get a rack or two:

DSC00311.jpg
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    It looks like one of those where is waldo hunts, except for wings, colors all match...........LOL
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    Yeah, not a lot of contrast with the countertop like that. The finished product was a little more colorful:

DSC00316.jpg
    DSC00321.jpg
    DSC00324.jpg

BTW, these are all Suck Creek Wings sauces...BBQ, Medium and Original.
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    You guys are killing me.....I guess it's wings tonight.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • BamaEGG
    BamaEGG Posts: 170
    Options
    350 to 400 degrees direct on a raised grid is how I do them. Flip about every 10 minutes. Baste the last couple of flips. I will usually cook them a good 45 minutes.