Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicago Eggfest

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Back in early April or so i inquired about Eggfest in Illinios. I was told their is scheduled to be one in Chicago or Oswengo. I have not seen this Eggfest listed on the official list of Eggfest. Is this one still a go. If so has a date been set. Inquiring minds want to know.
Grasshopper

Comments

• eggbasket
    eggbasket Posts: 111
    Options
    I don't know about Chicago fest but we have been looking at airfares on AirTran for Atlanta and weighing that against driving. Are you two thinking of doing Atlanta again this year? We had promised ourselves we would go this year if we can keep everyone alive and well. We are planning on Omaha.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Peoria and Chicago are not the same thing! Ours here in Peoria is the 6th annual event. The one in Chicago will be their first and will be in September. BTW Peoria is a 2 hour drive from the windy center and among other things is the world headquarters of Caterpillar.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • eggbasket
    eggbasket Posts: 111
    Options
    Thank you RRP!
  • Grasshopper
    Grasshopper Posts: 108
    Options
    Eggbasket,
    We are planning om attending Omaha again this year, we enjoyed last year. We are also thinking of attending the one in Springfield MO. See the EGGFEST agenda for that one. The EggtoberFest is questionable this year. We will either attend that or the Jack Daniels BBQ fest a week later. Still kicking which one around.
    HEy the ILLINI football is looking good this year. :lol:
    See you guys this summer
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    you are welcome! I don't know where you live but if it's close by come on down! The nice thing about the Peoria location is the geographical central location whereby there are good highways coming from all directions. Plus we are essentially midway between Chicago to the north, Indianapolis to the east, St. Louis to the south and the Quad cites to the west which wrap Iowa's border.
    Invest a short 2 hour drive and come Saturday, June 7th!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Yeah...you tell'm Ron!!!

LOL!!!!!

Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Grasshopper
    Options
    I had planned on attending, even thought of cooking, but the date does not work for the Mrs and me. Graduation parties and a picnic are the conflicts. I attended last year and enjoyed. Have fun this year without me. :woohoo:
    Grasshopper
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    The fest in Oswego, IL will be held on Sept. 13. -RP
    http://www.floribundagardens.com/big-green-egg.asp
  • Grasshopper
    Options
    Thanks for the info, i will be sure to be there. It is just up the road from me. At least closer than Atlanta.
    Grasshopper ;)
  • Perennial Smoke
    Options
    YES!!! We are definitely having an EGGFest in Oswego - outside Chicago - this September. We are calling it EGGwegoFest, and the official date is Saturday September 13th. The setting is wonderful - we have a garden center - Floribunda Gardens and a big field that can hold hundreds of EGGheads. We are very eggcited to host Chicagolands first Fest. We have been to Eggtoberfest in Atlanta for the last 4 years and want everyone in the midwest to eggsperience the magic of an eggfest. There is nothing like it! The reason it hasn't been officially posted is because we are still trying to figure out all the details - such as cost of demo's etc. Go ahead and mark your calendars - it is definitely happening. Nancy
  • Baby j
    Baby j Posts: 148
    Options
    There was one a few months back in Oswego. About an hour west of Chicago. The Steak and Eggs Eggfest is this weekend in Chicago at Carmicheal's.