Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Well

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I wasnt planning on cooking anything tonight since I have cooked the last 3 nights in a row,but a co-worker of mine came in from lunch with a 10 lb picnic shoulder for the 4th. I asked her how she was going to cooking it and she said on the gas grill(my eye balls almost popped out of my head) I said your NOT going to ruin that piece of meat.So I said I will take it home after work and cook it all night on the BGE. She is one happy camper. Happy Cooking and have a great and safe July 4th.
Scott

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    smokeapig, you are a nice guy! I've gotten the same way. Last weekend we had a church group over and I wound up volunteering to cook a butt for anyone who wanted to bring it over on a Friday night. I figure we can put it on, have a beer and then they can come back the next morning and pick it up and go home and pull it. It just spreads the message of great eating.

• bbqbeth
    bbqbeth Posts: 178
    Options
    smokeapig,
    Being a REAL old timer here, and be it that I'm so old, I see many post..i admire yours and your 'joy' in the whole enviroment! Keep having fun! BGE's are awesome.....
    make your co-worker proud.. :)
    Enjoy!
    BBQBeth

• Steve-O
    Steve-O Posts: 302
    Options
    Thanks, Smokeapig, and you have a great one, too. I will be making my first attempt at ribs on the 4th - LOTS of ribs. I have 20 lbs of spares in the fridge already seasoned and wrapped in Saran waiting for the big day. Sure hope this turns out like the recipes say . . . !!!