Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Bird In The Hand

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Birds must love it here at the Chicken Ranch. They know we don't eat our staff so they are pretty friendly when we approach them.

Just five minutes ago I happend to run into this little fellow on my back porch.

BirdInTheHand5-16-08-1.jpg

Birdinthehand5-16-082.jpg

He cheeped out, "Can I just rest a bit?" I said, "Sure, wanna take a ride while you're resting? Just crawl up into my hand." He did and I showed him around the ranch a bit, took his photo and sat him back down.

I suppose he will start following me around now. Maybe he knew I was going to make ABT's.

Life at the Chicken Ranch is always fun.

Spring "No Shoot'n The Bird Here" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    Great shots.Just don't feed him left over BBQ. It is not part of their diet. Reminds me when I nursed a baby Robbin back that had fallen out of the nest and that bird came back for two years in a row and came and sat on my kitchen window and waited till I came outside.I could not believe it.
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    When birds come, watch for the rabbit with big ears....
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Bet Rodney Dangerbird has an eye on that cutie!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • DonDon
    DonDon Posts: 89
    Options
    Always loved birds. When I was a kid, I had over 300 Pigeons. All different breds to. Had Birmingham rollers that will turn flips in the air. Fantails that look like turkeys. Owl Pigeons that have feathers on their chests turned up to look like lace. Mondains that are what SQUAB in resturants are. Tumblers, when you clap you hands they jump up and turn a back flip and land on their feet. Loved my Homers though as they look like a duck flying and kewl birds to. Had one fella (Henry, LOL) that would be in a tree and I'd walk out and he'd fly outta the tree and come land on my shoulder and walk around with me, EXPECIALLY when his mate was sitting on eggs. It's like ALL of us guys, just GOTTA GET AWAY from time to time LOL LOL
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    SC,

Is that your new little partner? He looks like he just fell out of the nest--or is that how big those particular birds get?
  • Chef in the Making
    Options
    Great shots and it is not often that one gets to see a bird in the hand
  • kolbdriver
    kolbdriver Posts: 403
    Options
    Don't give yourself away Leroy. Little birds don't follow carbon units around !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Leroy...great pics, hope the little fellow isn't hurt or anything...isn't that a yellow Finch?

Whachagonnafeedhim?

Howell
  • JimF
    JimF Posts: 80
    Options
    Must be the real life Dr Dolittle. I could never get a wild bird to come that close to me. That is really cool.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Looks like rodney dangerbird has been busy :woohoo: I smell a paternity suit in the near future :ohmy: :ohmy: