Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Having a ball with new SBGE

Options
Frank from Houma
Frank from Houma Posts: 5,755
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The little guy, "Poquito", is a blast to cook on.

Today's ribs
101_2703800x600.jpg

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    now that is the most expensive rib rack i have ever seen :woohoo: :silly: :laugh:

great job i have only slow cooked one thing on my small

DSCN0603.jpg

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Yeah..I totally love my small too..got the large doing some pork butts today..so been cooking beans for red beans n rice..heat'n her up now to do some cornbread...if you dont have gratemates..i highly recommend them for the small...really increases it's versatility!
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    aw man..it's TOO handy for soups, stews, taters, veggies, any and all side dishes and most main dishes...lights fast, uses little fuel..dutch oven fits nicely.. ;)
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Can't figure your setup there.....It almost looks like the fire box is raised!
  • egret
    Options
    Hey Terry,
    How do you keep that thing so clean? :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Gotta get me one of them. Any for sale? B)
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Gotta get me one of them. Any for sale? B)
  • BENTE
    Options
    i usually rub it own with a grape solution ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    yea my DO works great in there but low and slow i have only done a fatty... one of the family favorites is
    spaghetti squash::

ParkerPageBirthnight001.jpg

plus we like peppers

superbowl08014.jpg

superbowl08023.jpg

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    looks to me like a xl indirect setup with the platesetter between the firebox and ring :blink:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• DonDon
    DonDon Posts: 89
    Options
    How much are the small one's running, Price wise
  • AuburnTiger
    AuburnTiger Posts: 38
    Options
    How did you do that pepper recipe. Ingredients and temp/cook time if you can provide. I love poblano's and would like to do these others stuffed.
  • Jersey Doug
    Jersey Doug Posts: 460
    Options
    That's a great setup with the ribs. I'm going to look for some big skewers tomorrow so I can try it on my small. I'm running out of excuses to buy a bigger egg.

--Doug
  • BENTE
    Options
    not sure i got mine at eggtoberfest 2006 so it has been awhile since i priced them

sorry :(

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    here you go:::

Peppers, Chili, Assorted, Stuffed

peppers of your choice
    Italian sausages
    2 tbs pizza sauce or tomato sauce
    cheese

1 cut tops off of peppers
    2 clean out seeds and ribs
    3 mix all other ingredients
    4 stuff peppers
    5 place on BGE indirect at 350 for about an hour or until sausage reaches 160 degrees

Recipe Type
    Appetizer, Side Dish, Snack

Recipe Source
    Author: AZRP

Source: BGE Forum sometime early 2008 or late 2007

p.s. if anyone has an idea on the date that azrp posted this receipe let me know

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Frank from Houma
    Options
    Mine was 399 before tax - just the Egg. No nest, platesetter, etc.
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Here is the setup.

Cut some rebar to fit on the firebox
    101_2662640x480.jpg

Put in two firebricks (I wrapped them with HDAF for the ribs) and the fire ring on top
    101_2664640x480.jpg

Puts the grid right at the felt line
    101_2665640x480.jpg
    There is enough space to drop chips in between the bricks and the fire ring.

I meant to order a platesetter when I purchased "Poquito", but just forgot. I think this is going to work fine for low and slow on "Poquito".

Made some cornbread on the other day. Cut the handle off of an 8" CI skillet - worked just fine.
    101_2666640x480.jpg
  • minimama
    minimama Posts: 24
    Options
    got any leftovers? they look great
  • egret
    Options
    Very ingenious! Amazing what we can come up with when we're pressed! Thank you for sharing this......
  • Biscuit
    Biscuit Posts: 208
    Options
    I sell one for $450.00 with egg, nest,platesetter,coal,ashtool,fire starters.
  • Biscuit
    Biscuit Posts: 208
    Options
    I sell one for $450.00 with egg, nest,platesetter,coal,ashtool,fire starters.
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    None tonight. Obviously I can cook two slabs on my XL , but it just makes sense to use the SBGE when just cooking for 2. Sent two halves to my parents as well. :lol: