Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Red Eye Brisket

RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had a rare Saturday at home, but had a lot of work to get done. About 9AM, I figured that I would get hungry at dinner time and would not have the time or energy to cook dinner.
My solution was to grab a brisket from Publix's. It was a four and a half pounder. I coated it with DizzyPig Red Eye Surprise.
I used my large BGE and put the brisket on the Grill Extender over a drip pan. I added one chunk of Red Oak and one chunk of Hickory and cooked it at 225-250.

Somewhere around 4PM, the internal temp was at 200. I took in out of the egg, double wrapped it in tinfoil and it in the Microwave.

At 6PM, we were ready for dinner. I opened a can of baked beans, some potatoe salad from the deli counter and Cornbread from the bakery department.

It was actually one of the better Briskets that I cooked. Everyone enjoyed the meal and I was glad to egg something for a change.
RhumAndJerk

Comments