Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cleaning the Egg

Options
tbknight
tbknight Posts: 1
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have tried everything to get a black smoke strip that has stained my egg from the daisy wheel. Any suggestions a product to clean this off? I have tried pressure washing it and nothing.

Thanks

Tim

Comments

• Chef in the Making
    Options
    Tim

I am not sure of the product name and also not sure if it would work on the egg, but I use a product to clean teh black streaks on my boats vinel that works well. You can buy it at any marine store. sorry I don't remember the name.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    After a cook and the BGE is hot, I use 409 and it helps.
  • Tommy
    Tommy Posts: 116
    Options
    We manufacture pot hole patchers where I work and the salesmen have to constantly clean their demo machines and keep them looking new.
    Tar is what they are fighting, we find that orange citrus cleaner works best. There are a lot of them out there so you should be able to find one easy enough.
    Some paint stores carry similar products.
    They are real good at cutting serious greasy junk and not being harsh to the paint job at the same time.
    If its a big interest I can probable find an 800 number for one that we use.
    You'll have to stay on me though cause I'm a slack ass.
  • Tommy
    Tommy Posts: 116
    Options
    Now that you mention it I have a black streak that I should try some of that stuff out on so I'll do it and get back to the forum on this one.