Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cleaning the Egg

tbknighttbknight Posts: 1
edited 9:36PM in EggHead Forum
I have tried everything to get a black smoke strip that has stained my egg from the daisy wheel. Any suggestions a product to clean this off? I have tried pressure washing it and nothing.

• Tim

I am not sure of the product name and also not sure if it would work on the egg, but I use a product to clean teh black streaks on my boats vinel that works well. You can buy it at any marine store. sorry I don't remember the name.
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,971
    After a cook and the BGE is hot, I use 409 and it helps.
  • TommyTommy Posts: 116
    We manufacture pot hole patchers where I work and the salesmen have to constantly clean their demo machines and keep them looking new.
    Tar is what they are fighting, we find that orange citrus cleaner works best. There are a lot of them out there so you should be able to find one easy enough.
    Some paint stores carry similar products.
    They are real good at cutting serious greasy junk and not being harsh to the paint job at the same time.
    If its a big interest I can probable find an 800 number for one that we use.
    You'll have to stay on me though cause I'm a slack ass.
  • TommyTommy Posts: 116
    Now that you mention it I have a black streak that I should try some of that stuff out on so I'll do it and get back to the forum on this one.