Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blackened Chicken Breast on the Mini

Options
Puj
Puj Posts: 615
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tonight the mini was put into action to grill blacken chicken breasts which resulted in a very delicious and spicy meal had by all. Prep and cook time were minimal - here's what we did.[p]- 3 skinless chicken breasts (approx 8 oz. each)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning ***[p]Coat the chicken breasts in olive oil, then dust with the creole seasoning. Let sit for about 20 minutes.[p]Bring the dome temp to 600°F and make sure the grid is hot before putting the chicken on the grid. Grill the chicken breasts for 3 minutes per side and then dwell until the internal temp of the chicken breast reaches 160°F (it took about 5 minutes of dwell tonight). Pull from fire.[p]*** Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning is quite salty so if you're not into a salty chicken, go easy with the seasoning.[p]Puj

Comments

• Steve-O
    Steve-O Posts: 302
    Options
    Puj,
    Do you use your cooking grid on the fire ring or do you have yours raised. I am going to order a second grid for my mini and set it above the first grid. I think that, when not needing two grids, I will make the raised grid my regular cooking grid so the food is not so close ot the fire.

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Options
    Steve-O,[p]The grid sat directly on top of the fire ring. The fire was hot, but no flames kissed the chicken.[p]Puj