Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any suggestions

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My first cook is going to be baby backs tommorrow. I was going to do a dry rib,just rubbing them down with my rub and do a 3 hour indirect then 1 hour direct method at about 250-275 flipping them every 1 hour and spraying them with a wet mop. I will be using 100% lump charcoal with a few chunks of cherry and hickory wood. Is this a good method for baby backs. Any suggestion are welcome, Thanks.
Scott

Comments

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    smokeapig,[p]Your method is really close to way I do baybacks. I like cooking indirect and finishing direct. I think you will be very happy with the results... just keep a close eye during that last hour or so.[p]Hey, congratulations on finally getting your egg... now get cooking! [p]WD

• Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    smokeapig,[p]Sounds awfully good to me. In fact, makes me want to go get some ribs for tonight.[p]

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    smokeapig,
    This is a classic. Give it a try.
    RhumAndJerk[p]

[ul][li]Cat’s Baby Back Ribs[/ul]
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    smokeapig,[p]Sounds good, you may find the mop is not needed since the indirect method does not dry out ribs like some of the non-ceramic bbq rigs that do require mops. If you enjoy doing it - OK. Opening the dome more than needed does extend your cooking time a little. Alton Brown said it added 5 min each time you opened up, I can believe that.[p]Tim