Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Orange/ginger sauce for smoking?

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
While rooting around in the pantry I came across this bottle of orange/ginger glaze sauce my wife bought recently. I have this 5 pound Boston Butt that I'm planning to smoke in a day or two, and I'm thinking about using this stuff, just to get something a little different.

The ingredient list is sugar, ater, vinegar, ginger, soy sauce, sea salt, orange peel, and red pepper. Sounds pretty good to me.

But I'm wondering, should I be concerned about this stuff burning at around 250 degrees? Should I still do a brine? (I think I've read that the brine helps break down proteins in the meat, or something like that -- something that contributes to the fall-apart tenderness of the final product.)

Opinions, thoughts and suggestions are appreciated...

Comments