Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini still in production

Options
Steve-O
Steve-O Posts: 302
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After seeing a number of comments here and in the archives that the Mini was about to be or already had been discontinued, I called BGE in Atlanta. I was told that it is still being made and that they have as many as I wanted. I got the feeling that some at BGE are frustrated at dealers' reluctance to carry the Minis for fear that they won't be able to sell them. The guy I spoke to said that fall is their best time for the Minis - football season.

Comments

• Gator1
    Gator1 Posts: 37
    Options
    Steve-O,
    The local dealer here in Indiana told my neighbor yesterday that they were out of production. I pressed the manager and he said he could order one! It sounds like this is not an isolated problem.
    Jim

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    gator1,[p]Everyone should have a mini no matter what season. It is the most damn useful thing. There are many times I've hesitated to use all the coal and heat-up time on the large when I just want to toss on a steak or a few chops or a couple chicken breasts. The mini uses negligable amounts of coal, heats up in no time, and is fabulous for those smaller amounts of main course foods or the side dishes when you have something taking up the big one. They just aren't marketing them correctly. I'll bet I could sell a million of them!
  • haywyre
    haywyre Posts: 165
    Options
    MollyShark,
    I would have to totally agree. Marketing is the issue here. I get all kinds of stories from BBQG. Especially in to ordering parts. But you know everytime we have people over it almosts sells its self. It reminds me of the time Circuit City was shoving DIVX down everyones throats. I cant go into a BBQG ( Except for my sales dude) without a weber for BBQG product thrown in my face.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    haywyre,
    A boatload of people bought minis when they heard they were being discontinued. Maybe the marketing aint so bad afterall![p]Kinda sly if you ask me! They could always discoontinue it for a month, and then bring back a "New Mini", AND a "Mini Classic" :-). Sound familiar?[p]Beers. And a Heee!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    [p]Those are some good points you make, Nature Dude. I emailed BGE a couple months back asking if the mini's were being discontinued...
    Response: "Not necessarily so."
    Now that's about as good as an ambiguous, keep em guessing, head-scratcher answer as they come. Gave me a right good chuckle.[p]Cold beers to you on this hot day.[p]WD[p]

• Gator1
    Gator1 Posts: 37
    Options
    Steve-O,
    My local dealer just redeemed himself! I went in over my lunch break and asked how long it would take to get a mini. He said about two minutes, we have three in stock! They now have two in stock!
    Jim

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    WooDoggies,[p]I don't think anyone needs to worry about marketing until BGE comes out with a Britney Spears Mini BGE commercial.[p]"Mini BGE - For those who think young,"
    Cornfed