Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We may still be full from Thanksgiving, but that doesn’t mean we’re not already looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner, too! Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cracked egg

Smoking BulldawgSmoking Bulldawg Posts: 75
edited 8:34PM in EggHead Forum
The dome of my egg has sider web like cracks. Should I be concerned? :huh:

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    If they are the tiny spider web like cracks, they're just in the glaze, I think they all do that, at least mine do. No worries. -RP
  • Do you keep yours in the elements all the time or is it under cover?
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    They are under cover but get about 4 hours of sunshine everyday. -RP
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    My eggs are out side, full sun all day. My small is about a month old and my mini is about 2 weeks old and the large coming up on a year. When dust gets on them I have what looks like micro cracks on all of the eggs. I wipe the eggs down and the 'cracks' are all but gone.

As AZRP says, not something to worry about.

• BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    you forgot to say desert sun... i know that is bad :P

happy eggin

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Mike in AbitaMike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    The Whiz has all the answers. Well at least most of the answers as it pertains to ceramic cooking. Check out #60