Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cracked egg

Smoking BulldawgSmoking Bulldawg Posts: 75
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The dome of my egg has sider web like cracks. Should I be concerned? :huh:
·

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    If they are the tiny spider web like cracks, they're just in the glaze, I think they all do that, at least mine do. No worries. -RP
    ·
  • Do you keep yours in the elements all the time or is it under cover?
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    They are under cover but get about 4 hours of sunshine everyday. -RP
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    My eggs are out side, full sun all day. My small is about a month old and my mini is about 2 weeks old and the large coming up on a year. When dust gets on them I have what looks like micro cracks on all of the eggs. I wipe the eggs down and the 'cracks' are all but gone.

As AZRP says, not something to worry about.

GG
    ·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    you forgot to say desert sun... i know that is bad :P

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • Mike in AbitaMike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    The Whiz has all the answers. Well at least most of the answers as it pertains to ceramic cooking. Check out #60

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm#glaze
    ·