Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Charwood Grilled Prime Rib, etc.

Options
Peter Creasey
Peter Creasey Posts: 253
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Charwood Grilled Prime Rib, Roasted Parsnips w/Shallots and Garlic, Sauteed Plantains.

Coming off the BGE...

2484276279_c4178817fa.jpg

And as served...

2484276683_85d6444e2d.jpg

Plus a very nice Pheasant Ridge (Texas) 20th Anniversary Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon '99.

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    looks great!!!

plantains are really nice looking (we don't see much of them around here).. can you elaborate because those look nicer than any ones i have seen in awhile ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Good looking prime rib. What was the internal temp when you pulled it?
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Pete,

That roast looks wonderful, man! Nice looking cut, too. That's the perfect color for a roast in my opinion. Glad that it turned out nice for you.
  • Ross in Ventura
    Ross in Ventura Posts: 7,234
    Options
    Pete,
    I love it rare and a good Cabernet is better.
    My Best,
    Ross
  • Peter Creasey
    Options
    BENTE wrote:
    looks great!!!plantains are really nice looking (we don't see much of them around here).. can you elaborate because those look nicer than any ones i have seen in awhile

B, Our store has a nice selection of fresh produce. This is one example.
  • Peter Creasey
    Options
    Fidel wrote:
    Good looking prime rib. What was the internal temp when you pulled it?

Fidel, I put the rib roast on at 450 degrees for about 30 minutes then dropped the temperature to 325 for about 12 - 15 minutes per pound.

I checked the temperature regularly and pulled it at around 120 - 125 degrees and put it in the warming oven for about 15 minutes.
  • ThinkandDrive
    Options
    Now there's a plate both my wife and I can agree on.

She doesn't eat meat, but loves plantains. We usually just fry them in a little EVOO on the stovetop.

The ribroast looks fantastic. But, it's only me eatin' it and I couldn't wolf down a whole one myself. :unsure: