Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Food Drive ~ Today's SATURDAY

thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just set some stuff out by the mailbox for the Letter Carriers Food Drive. Don't forget to do the same.

DSC04831.jpg
Happy Trails
~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
·

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Wayne, is that a national program or something local to your area, I haven't seen or heard anything about it here. -RP
    ·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    As far as I know it's national. Letter Carriers do this every year.

http://www.nalc.org/commun/foodrive/
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

·
  • in our area the boy/cub scouts do this every year. .i've never seen letter carriers do it . . . but heck, i went out a gave up a pint of mad max red at 6am this morning (as a 'champion for life' i get to go into the local red cross before they officially open at 7am), so i did my civic duty for the day and saved a life or two for day :cheer:
    ·
  • CecilCecil Posts: 771
    Thanks for reminding us, I put some out before I came to work.

Walt
    ·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Thanks for the reminder, Man! Just did it.

Mike
    ·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    I think it's National. Our local HEBs even provide the bags.

Mike

shrimp014.jpg
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Got several bags out and a case of fruit we picked up.

We have hte scouts come around and then again for the letter carriers. The stuff if going directly to the food bank so some very needy people will get some help.

Enough of the white stuff thirdeye. We have storms coming in tonight but that should be the end of it for this season.

GG
    ·
  • Ross in VenturaRoss in Ventura Posts: 6,463
    DSCN2794.jpg
    We put food out every year.
    Ross
    ·
    I put a bag out, we'll see if they take it. -RP
    ·
  • You still have snow and ice?????? Where do you live???
    ·
  • Frank from HoumaFrank from Houma Posts: 5,755
    Put two bags out early this morning. Still snowing in Casper? I'll have to send my sister a note kidding her.
    ·
    Mail arrived and the bag was gone. -RP
    ·
  • Dirty1Dirty1 Posts: 42
    3rd eye - where do you call home? Based on your avatar and the pic I am guessing Wyoming or Montana. I can't believe how cold it looks. It was 95 here in Fla today. Not sure I could handle the cold like that, especially this late.
    ·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    3rd eye - where do you call home? Based on your avatar and the pic I am guessing Wyoming or Montana. I can't believe how cold it looks. It was 95 here in Fla today. Not sure I could handle the cold like that, especially this late.

I'm in Casper, Wyoming. Here is a shot from just north of town. Springtime in the Rockies is a neat time of the year.

DSC03949a.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

·