Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Indoor Installation

Rick
Rick Posts: 45
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'd like to post a couple pictures because I think some may be interested in seeing an indoor installation of a BGE. I've never done this and I need some help locating a photo storage site (preferably free) that will provide a URL for the photos so they can be viewed on this Forum. I've found one that will provide a URL for use on eBay, but they say the URL can't be used on other sites, like this Forum. Any suggestions where I might look? Thanks.

Comments

• Rick,
    Indoors? Please tell us more!! Sounds interesting. Dangerous, but interesting.
    Seth

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Rick,
    I use Photonet with ease now that I figured out how to do it. I think you can go to photonet.com.[p]Good Luck[p]Spring Chicken

• Rick
    Spring Chicken,
    Thanks, I'll take a look at it. I didn't know about this one.

• Rick
    Seth Howard,
    I will do just that, as soon as I figure out how to post a picture to the Internet. I'll work on it this afternoon.

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Rick,
    Sounds like someone better have a big kitchen with an industrial hood/vent.

• Rick
    view.cgi-photo.html--SiteID-210358.html
    <p />OK, I believe I have the picture situation worked out. For more pictures, a short slide show is available at Rick's Photo Site. This is a Sunroom we added to our house two years ago. At the same time, we installed the cooking center. We have a large deck adjoining the sunroom, so I used the traditional wheeled table so it can be rolled outside, but the little wheels shown in the photos have difficulty over the French door threshhold and will be replaced with larger casters I purchased last week and will install as soon as my standard procrastination period has lapsed. The ventilation hood is a standard residential 30" Thermador with a roof-mounted blower, maximum capacity 1400 cfm. It is a three-speed motor with a rheostat switch, allowing a wide range of "suction" within each speed. The lowest of the three speeds proved inadequate, so I use, exclusively, the middle speed and have never felt the need to use the highest speed. I've smoked a wide range of recipes, year-round and away from Seattle's famous rain. For those of you concerned about the danger of cooking with charcoal indoors, remember that many restaurants do the same and I felt, if careful, I could do it on a smaller scale. I consulted with the BGE people and a local restaurant equipment company before we started construction. I have installed a carbon monoxide detector that has, in two years, sounded off only once and I was able to determine the exact cause. We are also able to shut the room off from the rest of the house with doors equipped with interlocking weatherstripping. This room has become a major entertainment center and a fun place to host a party. I hope you enjoy viewing our BGE facility.

[ul][li]Rick's Photo Site[/ul]
  • Rick
    BGE09.jpg
    <p />I'll try again. It appears I have more to learn about posting a photo, but the link works, so all photos are viewable.
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Rick:[p]Nice set-up. Does the hood provide enough coverage to evacuate those extra smokey cooks?[p]I think I would be reluctant to install a cooker in the kitchen for the obvious reasons - odors and carbon monoxide. On the other hand, this kind of set-up in an exterior sunroom allows for comfortable entertaining when the weather is not cooperating. Looks great! Thanks for sharing your photos!
    [/b]
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    site1.jpg
    <p />Rick,
    You posted the URL of the webpage containing the photo, rather than the URL of the photo itself. If you right click on the photo, and display properties, it will show the URL of the photo. I've attached the photo to this post as an example. Bottom line is that you need to use the URL of the PHOTO, not the webpage that the photo is displayed on.[p]Of course, I will grovel with embarassment if I post this and it doesn't work. NOT!!![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Rick
    BGE09.jpg
    <p />djm5x9,
    It does now that I learned the lowest of the three speeds couldn't handle the heavy smoke jobs. You learn from experience and I attempted to smoke too many ribs without proper racks. I leaned some against others - a couple fell over and the fat dripped outside the drip pan, resulting in a smoke-filled room with my better half running around the house screaming "My furniture, my furniture!! All the while I was opening doors and windows and wondering how I was going to clean all that glass. But the lesson was learned, the crisis is over and we have not again experienced that kind of catastrophe. I will take this opportunity to try to post a photo again, for the third time. If it fails again, I will give up until I find out what my problem is. Thanks for your kind comments.

• Rick
    site1003_t.jpg
    <p />The Naked Whiz,
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Whizzer. Maybe I can stop tearing my hair out.[p]I'll try it now.

• Rick
    site1004.jpg
    <p />The Naked Whiz,
    I posted the thumbnail.
    Now I get it. Thanx again. You've made my day.

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Rick,[p]Very, very nice and innovative four season environment you've created for yourself and da egg. I can see why it has become a popular room to hang out and socialize... looks comfortable and inviting.
    So, when is your next party?... I'd be happy to bring the beer and help with the cooking.[p]WD

• bbqbeth
    bbqbeth Posts: 178
    Rick,
    simply beautiful! i'm jealous...
    ;-)
    i know you'll..
    enjoy!

• Rick
    WooDoggies,
    Is that possible? Can you really put two egg afficianados in an enclosed space with only one egg?

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Rick,[p]Dunno.... good question... could get ugly. [p]Hhhhmmmm on second thought, I'll just settle on bringing the beer and eating your Q.[p]WD
  • Rick
    Rick,[p]Now that inside egg is the coolest thing I have ever seen.[p]I'm not ashamed to admit it but I think I became aroused seeing your set up![p]You are my hero![p]Be safe........[p]Rick