Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My best egged meal to date !

Options
Mr Beer
Mr Beer Posts: 121
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been cooking on my BGE's for almost 4 years but tonights dinner has to be tops or at least close to tops that I have ever made.[p]The menu:[p]Pork tenderloin - dusted lightly with cajun seasonings. Cooked to 155 internal.[p]Corn on the cob - cooked in the husk.[p]Crispy prosciutto-wrapped asparagus. Thanks Ca_rnivore for posting the recipe.[p]All were cooked in my large BGE at 400 degrees and everything was washed down with Yellow Tail Chardonnay. I'm not sure who to give credit for the Yellow Tail but thanks. It's almost as good as the Chardonnay I made a few years ago.[p]Beers,[p]Mr Beer[p][p]

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    Mr Beer, Mr Egg is a people pleaser that's for sure!
    If you liked the Yellow Tail chardonnay (anyone would!) give their merlot and their shiraz a try too! One other adult beverage that's a hit here is Skyy Blue.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Mr Beer,
    Sounds like an excellent meal. Pork tenderloin is probably my most favorite cook.

• Ca_rnivore
    Ca_rnivore Posts: 120
    Options
    Mr Beer,[p]Glad you liked the asparagus. I think i'm gonna cry when the seacon's over. I've been buying 3 or 4 bunches per week and eating it all kinda ways. I've started making 2 veggies for dinner, the asparagus for me and some other veggie for the family. That way, I don't have clan rolling their eyes and saying "not asparagus again." Do you think my obsession with asparagus is weird for a guy named "Ca_rnivore"?[p]The prosciutto wrapped ones are really good, but I'm finding that grilled with just a little olive oil and salt & pepper is good too. I've also done a stir fry with asparagus as an ingredient.[p]Happy Q'ing,
    --Kevin