Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Recipe for Asparagus

Sprouter
Sprouter Posts: 8
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Never cooked Asparagus on the egg. Will be cooking a bonless Prime Rib but wanted to try Asparagus also. Anybody have a recipe and technique?

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Sprouter, I have done it a variety of ways but I think my favorite was to marinade it in an Italian dressing and then just grill direct on a raised grill at 350 for about twenty minutes. Other people have come across a recipe where you drop the asparagus in biling water for a minute and then drop it into ice water to retain it's bright green color. My favorite trick however is to make sure I have three or four extra stalks so I can "test" the asparagus right off the grill to make sure it's ready. That way I can have my asparagus and eat it too.

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Sprouter,
    Nature Boy posted a wonder recipe for grilled/wokked veggies on the egg. Basically, asparagus, mushrooms, sweet onion and pineapple in a soy sauce, oyster sauce, wine, garlic, sugar marinade. Heat the wok to a nice hot temp and then cook for about 6 minutes. If you like smoke, add it, because these veggies taste great with smoke.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Hey Whiz,[p]Just so happens Qfan and I had those veggies grilled by the maestro himself on Friday night. Accompanied by Dizzy Dusted St. Louis spares, grilled chicken thighs and Polish sausage. All very, very good. So good, in fact, I ate too much.
    The link below will take you to the post.
    In addition to his basic recipe NB used fresh pineapple, an orange pepper, a little minced fresh ginger and a dallop of hoisin sauce. Nice presentation of colors, play on textures and great grilled flavor.
    If you haven't yet printed this recipe then do... it's a keeper.[p]WD
    [p]

[ul][li]Nature Boy's Wonder Grilled Veggie Recipe[/ul]
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    WooDoggies,
    I have to agree with you John...those are the best veggies we have ever cooked.
    Larry

• Ca_rnivore
    Ca_rnivore Posts: 120
    Sprouter,[p]here's a link to an asparagus recipe that I posted a few weeks ago. I also like spraying the stalks with olive oil and salt & pepper, then grilling direct @ 400 degrees or so until it just starts to brown.[p]--Kevin

[ul][li]Crispy Prosciutto wrapped asparagus[/ul]