Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Scored a good egg find today.

Options
Angie2B
Angie2B Posts: 543
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Was at target today and found this..Airbake Pizza pans, two to a package, small and large.

http://www.target.com/AirBake-Natural-Pizza-Baking-Sheet/dp/B00132DD6C/sr=1-10/qid=1210356647/ref=sr_1_10/602-4461226-6989457?ie=UTF8&rh=k:airbake&page=1

The small fits my mini and the medium fits my medium!!! I am going to try pizza for the first time soon. Would you believe that's why I found the BGE was to do brickoven pizza and have never got around to doing it on the egg!!!After I got home I started thinking I should have bought two of them so I could prepare another one while the first one is baking. I have a large airbake pizza pan that I have used for years that I have been very pleased with. So I will probably like these too.

Comments

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    I do hope you are going to try this on top of a pizza stone?Yes no?
  • Angie2B
    Angie2B Posts: 543
    Options
    OH yeah I will use the platesetter and stone most likely. Isn't that how everyone does it? I don't know how I will use it for the mini....I'll have to think about that.
  • 407BGE
    407BGE Posts: 187
    Options
    I'll be curious to see how that works. My thoughts is that you want direct contact with the pizza stone and do not want an airspace between the stone and the pizza. I'd be concerned that the crust will be underdone when the top is done.

With that said, I have yet to cook a pizza on my egg so take me "free" advise for what it's worth.

When you do get it please do report how it works.
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    That's a good thing.You had me scared at first and my first thought was a brick pizza as in texture.Keep us posted.
  • civil eggineer
    civil eggineer Posts: 1,547
    Options
    Pizza is one of my favorite cooks on my medium egg. I make the dough and sauce from scratch which both are very easy to do. I cook the pizza directly on a pizza stome (Bakers Secret) on top of the platesetter at 400 degrees for 1/2 hour. They are fantastic!!!
    The pizza stone sets in a wire rack and I place that on the platesetter as well. I let the stone come up to temp before placing the dough on it. I love pizza and my egg pizza is the best pizza I have ever had (no brag just fact).
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    Well in that case how bout sharing that pizza dough receipe. Pleeeese?
  • Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Try this site for all your pizza needs.

http://www.pizzamaking.com/