Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another Reason To Have 2 EGGS

BENTE
BENTE Posts: 8,337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ok i have just put my second brisket in a week on the egg.... i was so impressed with my last attempt that i have invited a friend of mine and his family over to try this brisket.. i mean i live in s.c. so i really have no idea what a GREAT brisket is supposed to taste like so why not invite a texan over to sample... so i just put it on (we will serve around 6 tomorrow) and it is supposed to rain tonight here (WOOOOHOOOO!!) and i was sitting there looking at my guru and wondering what will really happen when it rains so i came up with this::::::::

2008-05-08005.jpg

GURU in the small :whistle:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    That is ingenious.
  • BENTE
    i wish i would have taken a camera :(

glad that is the before picture :whistle:

here is the during picture

IMG_8920.jpg

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    you should try it :P

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    You know Greenwood will not be the same unless you are there itchin' about being in your recliner. I expect you there :woohoo:

I might even let you sit in my new LaFuma :)
  • BENTE
    i hope lafuma is not french for "downwind of your bean farts"

when i am in greenwood is the question... with the new guru's i may come friday afternoon (i am picking up a sale in charleston every friday starting in june).....

now if the baby needs me here i will see you on saturday around 10... still can be your box runner... BTW where the he$% is 12 step... he dissapear on you?

also did you find a source on your brisket?? i have a 7.48lb flat on right now

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Celtic Wolf
    Chip has resurfaced. whew!!!!

He is my source for the brisket. Atlanta has a restaurant depot as you know :)

The LaFuma is a zero gravity outdoor recliner.

My wife is buying it for me.. Course I have to fix the porch first hahahah
  • UGAVET
    UGAVET Posts: 577
    Thats exactly what i did last weekend when i came a shower here when i cooked 2 boston butts overnite. my guru was inside the small. thats funny
  • BENTE
    hell i can't sit in that we got a baby and $189 (cause you got to get the best) will not impress the wife... so i can't sit i will want one.... so that part is tempting but not wise :pinch:

and whew!!! is right real freaking hot down there without the camper :whistle:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    what no pictures :ohmy:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• UGAVET
    in moving to the new house i have lost my usb cable that hooks to my computer to download the images. have looked high and low. i guess it will turn up one day. till then, no pics
  • Celtic Wolf
    $159.00 and free shipping if you order it right from LaFuma hahaha

I was getting ready to send the law to Chip's apartment to see if he was alive. He'll be in Danville next week-end.. Matthew will be there to.. Hell rumor is Mrs. Wolf may make a presence at Danville.

I have already told Chip and Matthew to smack me if I try to micromanage.. I am there to cook and that is what I am going to do... I need to let then worry about all the rest of it.

Yes the DigiQ II's have proven themselves in the line of fire. Not that I thought they wouldn't. :woohoo: One less thing for me to fret over..
  • Celtic Wolf
    Those cables are a dime a dozen.. Hell I think I have a dozen lying around my house..

Now if I can just find where I put that blown disk drive,,
  • BENTE
    hey i have yet to make ribs... since greenwood... so you need to email me the recepie for the sauce for the ribs i will not ask for any rubs nor any wolfden products (well maybe a couple bags in greenwood)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    booooo!!!! :angry:

oh well maybe soon ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• UGAVET
    yeah, probably cheap excuse for being lazy. i just need to run to wally world and pick up one tommorow. i miss posting pics. Hey, i know you have answered this question a ton of times before but i cant seem to get the search option to do what i want it to do. I have an employee that is getting married the saturday of memorial day weekend. She has conned me into cooking pulled pork and brunswick stew for 150 people. What is the formula for how many pounds of bone in boston butts to feed that many. there will be other sides besides the stew but thats all im responsible for. Thanks for your help
  • Celtic Wolf
    Pulled Pork

"THAT WAS EASY" :woohoo:
  • UGAVET
    haha, thanks. i knew you would have the answer
  • Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    If I remember right you aren't competing with the XL anymore. How many and what sizes do you bring to a comp and cook on?
  • Mike in Abita
    I knew there was a reason to get a second egg. ;) Now I just have to get the egg first. Then convince the accountant I need a Guru. :woohoo:
  • Celtic Wolf
    Matthew will say "What recipe? All he does is throw this in and pour that in." Hey I use my Grandmother's measuring system what can I say.

I am gonna make my sauces and rubs for Danville this week-end. If I remember I'll see what I can do about "canning" a couple jars.

Don't hold your breath though.. You know I ain't good at shippin' things.. :woohoo:

I could have sworn that disk drive was in my truck... :blush:
  • Celtic Wolf
    digiq_in_action.jpg

Plus a Small

Same number (4) I just don't use the XL's in competitions anymore.
  • Mike in Abita
    Do you ever get close to Southern La. or Mississippi? I'd love to see a comp just don't know where they are held?
  • Celtic Wolf
    KCBS Schedule

"THAT WAS EASY TOO" :woohoo:

LA and MS are just too far away for me.
  • Mike in Abita
    Thanks for the link. ;) Looks like I'm going to have to road trip it to find one?
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    BENTE you cheap sucker! When you going to build you a "Smoke Shack" of your own? When I get that small I keep crying about?!!!! :laugh: Seriously it is nice to be able to cook, listen to some good old rock and roll, and enjoy a cold one while the rain is coming down or wind is blowing during the winter. Those immitation bambo curtains realy help in winter!
  • bbqmyway
    bbqmyway Posts: 64
    The rain did hit here in Augusta/North Augusta at 2:30 am, Looks like y'all got it too! I would like to see some pictures from your Brisket cook. I have done a few and they always resimble pastrami. Any clues?
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Hey S.C.,

Can you give some hints as to he construction of your custom rain shield?

Ron
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Pete & Terry,

Greenwood is only 2 1/2 hours from my house. I may have to come "watch" this precision team in action.... :P

I will put it on my calendar.... :silly:
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    You been chewin' on that handle?