Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket on XL

Options
Mahi-Mahi
Mahi-Mahi Posts: 162
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I did my first brisket this morning and lower my 19 inch pizza stone lower with a hanger from egg accessories and put a drip pan on it. And raised the grate about two inches above the felt line using the flip ring for the XL.
I cooked it at 240 at the dome using BBQ Guru controls and it worked great. It did drop a little bit in the sixth hour down to 222 and I stirred the charocal towards the center and it went back up. Their was a lot of charcoal left in the end. It reached 195 in eleven hours and turned out really good. It was not very black only a very thin crust. I think on the XL you have to move your deflector lower than the place setter goes so as not to char the bottom of the brisket to much.

I used a rub of salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder letting it set overnight.
I put the remote for the BBQ Guru in the kitchen and went fishing and called my wife every couple of hours on what the P temperture was. It worked great now all I need is a dial up from my cell phone to check on the brisket. LOL

I did not get a chance to wrap it in foil because we ate right away.

I was fantastic.

Comments