Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

London Broil

dublin
dublin Posts: 140
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any Suggestions on Rubs,Temp,Time for cooking a London Broil tonight??
Thanks as always
Dub

Comments

• Pug
    Pug Posts: 57
    Dublin,
    Your post has been sitting for a while so I will jump in. London Broil is one of my favorite things since it is so easy to do. Marinate it with your favorite stuff much like you would a steak. Get your egg up to a high temp 600 degrees or so and sear the meat for about 4 minutes a side. Depending on how thick the cut of meat is let it dwell in the egg for up to 10 minutes more until you reach about 145 degrees internal for that nice medium rare cook. It is really difficult to mess up any way you do it. Good luck and enjoy.[p]Steve

• dublin
    dublin Posts: 140
    Pug,
    Thanks for the only reply :-)
    What rub would you use?
    dublin

• Pug
    Pug Posts: 57
    dublin,
    I would probably use whatever you have. Sometimes less is better. Mix garlic powder, salt, pepper, onion powder or other spices together and rub on the meat. Also, if I have nothing else, let it sit in A-1 for a couple of hours. Really the sky is the limit with london broil. I usually just use what I have in the frig. or spice cabinet. Let us know how it goes.[p]Steve

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Pug,
    This is one of the best things i have found for London Broil,It's tender everytime...I love cooking toys...I have the 48 blade one.
    Larry

[ul][li]Jaccard[/ul]
  • Pug,
    I mix A-1, Good Seasons, soy sauce, and some minced garlic for the marinade.[p]It's pretty strong, but I've always had great results, i.e. no leftovers.[p]Have fun!