Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is the best steak?

Options
2»

Comments

• Angie2B
    Angie2B Posts: 543
    Options
    Kelly Keefe, We always had green beans like this when I was a kid. We always added new or red potatoes to it. YUMMY.

• Gordy
    Gordy Posts: 49
    Options
    KT,
    I believe you can get arrested for cooking on the BGE, much less being on your back deck without a cold one can't you?

• Unknown
    Options
    South O,[p]I was thinking about steaks recently and thought that I would ask a few questions about them. Kind of a poll if you will.[p]What cut of steak do you like best?
    Ribeye
    How thick do you like them?
    3/4" +
    How do you like it prepared (well done, rare, etc)?
    Still pink in the middle.
    What do you season it with?
    MCormicks Montreal Steak Seasoning
    What is your cooking temps and times?
    750 for 3 minutes each side and dwell for 3-5 minutes.
    Do you seek out a butcher that has aged beef and if so how long is it aged? No.
    What is the best tasting side dish to accompany it?
    Roasted red potatoes with garlic, olive oil, rosemary
    thinly sliced jalapenos(seeds removed), salt, pepper.

• Unknown
    Options
    Gordy,[p]It's definitely a cardinal sin. I don't know if I can or will be able to light the BGE without one. Don't care to ever find out.

• Gordy
    Gordy Posts: 49
    Options
    KT,
    I must admit I did once. It was an early Sunday morning, ice storm here in Atlanta. I had to brew the coffee and the BGE. That was the easy part. The hard part was that I always use whole bean coffee and grind daily. I had to put the coffee beans in a plastic bag and took a hammer to them as I obviously couldn't use the coffee (electric) grinder.

• Unknown
    Options
    South O,[p]The best I have found are the Rib Eyes from Cosco. They are about 1 1/2 thick. Cook to rare/med rare. Seasoning - Keep it simple...salt and coarse black pepper. Cook it hot. [p]For side dishes, cook new potatoes in a large covered frying pan with 2 inchs water for 20 min. Drain to 1/2 inch water and add fresh whole green beens for another 20 min. Salt, pepper, and butter.[p]Another is vidalia onions and red peppers. Slice, place in foil, sprinkle lightly with "Johnnys Garlic Spread", sprinkle with olive oil, wrap and grill for about 25 min.[p]Fresh sliced tomatoes are a must.[p]