Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

corn in shuck

mr toad
mr toad Posts: 779
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
how long and at waht temp should i cook corn in the shuck[p]thanks
See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                    Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Mr. Toad, I have cooked it at about 350 for 45 minutes. I like to pull the shucks back; remove the silks; salt, pepper and butter it; pull the shucks back around it; and then soak in water for about 15 minutes before putting it on the grill. There are some folks who advocate not de-silking before cooking but I have never tried it.

• Steve-O
    Steve-O Posts: 302
    Mr. Toad,
    I concur with Wise One, except I have been doing mine at around 300-320 for 40-45 minutes. I am sure, though, that 350 will work as well - corn does not seem to be real time or temperature sesitive on the Egg. I can't tell you why the corn tastes better this way than when boiled on the stove - maybe it's just because I get to do in on my Egg - but it is definitely better on the BGE than in boiled water!

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Mr. Toad,
    I do mine completely in the husks as you were asking..soak in water for 30 - 60 minutes prior( depending on freshness, shorter for fresc picked) then 45 - 60 minutes at approx 350° let em rest for 20 minutes or so and all the silk comes right off as easy if not easier than doing it prior to cooking..Best ot ya.[p]Wess

• BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    I did some last week, and adapted a recipe from Smoke & Spice. I pulled the husks down, removed the silk, put the husks back on and soaked them in cold water (for about 45 minutes.) Then I patted them dry with paper towels, rubbed them with butter and adobo, put the husks back on and grilled them at 400-450 for about 30-45 minutes. One thinner piece was a little overcooked, but besides that one it turned out great.
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    WessB,
    Thats the same way I do mine...Silver Queen is just coming in.
    Larry

• WessB
    YB,
    Always look forward to Silver Queen.
    Best to you and yours...[p]Wess

• HolySmokes
    HolySmokes Posts: 446
    YB,
    I'm having flashbacks....Silver Queen every year at the Florida beach condo...mid June...and I'm not at the beach this year....but we have plenty of new furniture and paintings! I have the DT's. Is there a Silver Queen Anonymous meeting somewhere near me?

• YB
    Holy Smokes,
    I agree Silver Queen is the best corn money can buy...Maybe some of the small markets in your area will have some.
    Larry

• YB
    WessB,
    It should be up your way soon.Are you and Sally coming to Atlanta in October.
    Larry

• WessB
    YB,
    It`s on my wishlist, but we haven`t discussed it YET...I would really love to and I would think as good a time that we all had at Eggfest that it shouldn`t take to much convincing..but hey..I been wrong before..will have to see how much the boat costs us this summer before we can set aside the funds....If we do I`ll be sure to let ya know.[p]Wess

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Hey Wess,[p]Were you ever able to slip that egg on your boat without Sally noticing? She said she was going to keep her eye on you. LOL
    Yeah, they should have had us all arrested for as much fun as we packed into those two days. And Da Maaayooor would have been the first to be handcuffed and hauled off!
    Cheers! [p]WD[p]