Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Has anyone heard of the 'Black Egg'?

BootlegBootleg Posts: 49
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a buddy that has been looking at the BGE just tell me he is interested in the 'Black Egg.' He said it is a ceramic cooker that has two chambers where you can cook different meals at the same time.

I told him I wanted some of whatever he had smoked this morning and he swore he was telling the truth. He even said that it is a new product designed by a couple of guys from BGE.

I have searched online but have been unsuccessful in finding anything. Has anyone heard about this 'Black Egg?'

Thanks,
DCM
·

Comments

• Keith WKeith W Posts: 61
    He's probably talking about a Primo cooker.
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,526
    primo oval has a lump divider, not two cooking chambers.
    ·
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    But, I'll bet that's what he's talking about. It would be easy to make that mistake.
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • BootlegBootleg Posts: 49
    What does the lump divider do?

DCM
    ·
  • FiretruckFiretruck Posts: 2,676
    It divides the lump, silly :lol: just kidding. Basically it is a divider so you can put the lump on one side of the oval shaped cooker and shield the heat from the food on the other side.
    ·
  • SodakSodak Posts: 57
    I think it may be grilldome.com

I did a whois lookup on the registrant and it comes back as being in Atlanta, GA.

Could be the BGE 'defection' to which he is referring.
    ·