Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just bought

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
my first large green egg. Ive cooked on one about 5 years ago and was amazed with the results. Can't wait to this weekend to see how it smokes a big ole pork shoulder vs. my regular smoker. All i,ve heard is great things about the BGE about how it smokes food. I,m ready to try it out..
Scott
Jonesboro,Ar.

Comments

• Prof Dan
    Prof Dan Posts: 339
    Options
    smokeapig,[p]You're a brave person -- I think that a pork shoulder is one of the trickier things to do right, at least for your first time out, when you aren't yet familiar with the temperature-holding characteristics of your Egg. But no guts, no glory, as they say![p]Good luck![p]

• Unknown
    Options
    I'll let ya know how it turns out.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    Options
    smokeapig, first welcome to BGE'dom. We are a friendly group. Now a burning question as I kept rolling it around my mind -
    Jonesborro, AR
    Jonesborro, AR
    then it came back...isn't that where the diamond fields are? We have BobbyB out in CA who pans for gold...are you a diamond prospector? One thing for certain you will find "wealth" with your BGE!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    Options
    ooops, right state, wrong borro - welcome to the foreum anyway by this geographically challenged individual!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    smokeapig, I will get my first BGE tomorrow, and I thought my first attempt would by a large pork butt also! Perhaps someone should start a new topic, "So you want to try a butt on you first attempt with your egg?" May get some interesting responses. Anyway, please keep us posted!

• HolySmokes
    HolySmokes Posts: 446
    Options
    RRP,
    You were, in fact, closer than you thought. Murfreesboro, Ar. is the home of the only known diamond field in the USA. Jonesboro is the home of "Holy Smokes"...and now, Smokeapig!

• HolySmokes
    HolySmokes Posts: 446
    Options
    smokeapig,
    Welcome aboard. I became an owner of a medium Mr. Egg at Christmas and though I'm not in the league with my friends on this forum, no one can love it as much as I. I assume you bought your Egg from Arkansas Pool and Spas, right? I may be leaving for a road trip today, but send me a private email and we'll swap names, addresses and stories when I return.

• Unknown
    Options
    Holy Smokes,
    You must be from around here. I did buy it from Arkansas Pools and Spas. Should be in Friday I hope.

• hounddog
    hounddog Posts: 126
    Options
    be sure and check out elder ward's take on doing pork in the recipes section. everything from building fire to choice of sauce and proper side dishes. it is very very helpful
  • Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    smokeapig,
    That makes 3 of y'all in Jonesboro! Another poster named Frank also hails from that part of the world. Planning on giving him a call later this year when I'm that way for business for a cold one...looks like we may have a party instead!