Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Back from New York City and ready to cook

Options
sprinter
sprinter Posts: 1,188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, it was a great trip to NYC, had a trade show there for the past few days, but now I'm ready to cook. I've been wineing (not whining) and dining on steaks and other good food for the duration of the trip, heck those customers have to be fed, and have YET to run across a steak that compares to a BGE steak. I should have known better.[p]But, now that I'm back, have ribs on tap for this weekend. The broter in law is in town and wants some so I told him that I'd oblige him (like he really had to push me hard to make him BGE ribs). I was at the store last night and picked up a $59 cent/pound brisket (hows that NB?) and put it in the freezer for later. So, the meat locker in the basement is ready for my return, life is great again. NY isn't bad, I LOVE visiting there but could never live there. What is it they say, you can take the boy out of the country but you can't take the country out of the boy, or something like that. Cat can have all of that she wants, I'll just pop in for a week or so now and then.[p]Troy

Comments

• Dr. Chicken
    Dr. Chicken Posts: 620
    Options
    sprinter,
    I'll bet you say the same thing about Chicago!
    I know where you're coming from! I feel the same way about LA and San Diego! Nice places to visit, but not where I'd like to have to live again! [p]Thank GOD for the good old Midwest![p]
    Dr. Chicken

• sprinter
    Options
    Dr. Chicken,[p]Well, I did actually live in Chicago for a few years so I have somewhat built up a tolerance for it but I do also enjoy seeing it in my rear view mirror on the way home. My sister still lives in the suburbs so I have occasion to be there quite a bit. Not as bad as NYC but still like to get back to the relative calm of my small midwestern town. Here, if there are 3 cars at a stoplight during rush hour there MUST be a funeral in front of you. But we like it here and call it home. I guess where ever you call home is just about the greatest place on earth, whether it be NYC, Chicago, or a small town in the country. Thats just what home is. My wife and I have lived in big and small towns and both prefer smaller towns. Just my preference I guess.[p]Troy
  • Dr. Chicken
    Options
    sprinter,
    Ain't nothing wrong with feelin' that way! I catch the dickens for not wanting to move back to Calif. They can have it![p]Dr. Chicken

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Dr. Chicken, one thing about California you can count on, your always on shaky ground there! :-)

• Dr. Chicken
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    I know that first hand! Both from when I was a kid growing up and from workin' on the FD after I got out of the service! They can have them things plus all the fruits & nuts and alllllll the people! Give me the good old Midwest where the population for people is counted in #'s per square mile instead #'s per square yard. Also where the deer, coyotes, pheasant and quail generally out number the people![p]I don't know, but maybe all that shaking helps some of dem ladies get into their "poured-on" britches! Ya think so???[p]
    Dr. chicken

• sprinter
    Options
    Dr. Chicken,[p]"poured on", "painted on", I think you're right. I was out there in CA one time and felt a small tremmor. Kinda wierd. Here in S. IL we have the big fault line that goes through New Madrid. They say that if that one ever lets loose it will devastate St. Louis hundreds of miles away. Hope I'm not around if that ever happens. That would shake dem pretty women right OUT of those painted on/poured on outfits. Now wait, maybe I would want to be around for that....hehehe[p]Troy
  • Dr. Chicken
    Options
    sprinter,
    I would tend to agree wid ya on dat one! Let it shake, rattle and roll![p]Dr. Chicken