Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally got it

Options
eggineric
eggineric Posts: 81
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just wanted to let everyone know that i finally got my egg. i had to make a special trip but i couldnt wait any longer. anyways had burgers (i know simple, but i had to have a place to compare) last nite. great. gonna throw a welcome home party for my egg saturday. any suggestions on menus. i was thinking brisket and a boneless pork loin, but i always cook brisket. if any of u guys have any suggestions for me or recipes, i would greatly appreciate it. thank you. eric

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    congrats on the new egg!! word to the wise make sure you stay under 500 for the first 8-10 cooks to give your gasket adhesive some time to set or "cure":::

here is a pork loin recepie:::

Pork, Loin, Stuffed, Roast, Florentine, Wise One

Ingredients
    1 boneless pork loin roast (3-5 lbs)
    1 Tbs dried rosemary
    3 cups spinach
    3 Tbs Mustard (Dijon or Coarse grind)
    salt and pepper to taste
    1/4 cup feta cheese

Procedure
    1 In a bowl mix spinach, rosemary, mustard, and feta cheese. Mix until well coated.
    2 Untie the pork roast and unroll. If necessary slice along the bottom to get more surface area.
    3 Take mixture and put on top of flattened pork loin.
    4 Roll pork loin into a tube shape and retie with bvutcher twine.
    5 Brown slightly using direct heat for two to three minutes on each side (may want to turn two or three times)
    6 Cook indirect at 350 degrees until it reaches 160 internally.
    7 Allow to rest for 15 mnutes. Slice and serve.

Servings: 1

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Meat

Recipe Source
    Author: Wise One

Source: BGE Forum, Wise One

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Some people get the hang of holding a steady temperature right away, but a lot of folks don't. So jumping in to do a brisket might be a little hard. Spatchcock'd chicken is really a snap, and could probably be done at the same time as a pork loin.

Do a google on "Naked Whiz" for some good basic info on using your Egg.

"T-Rex'd" steaks are always a hit, too.

Have fun, the Egg repays any effort aimed at it
  • Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Can you answer your phone or would you prefer me to call later? Just a couple quick questions.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    call me phone duying but you will just speed that up!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Congrats and welcome. Stick around here and you'll get more recipes and ideas than you think you can possibly cook.

Of course, you'll end up trying many of them and develop a few favorites.

You can also browse the recipe section of this site.
  • usc1321
    usc1321 Posts: 627
    Options
    Congrat's on joining the best club in the world. ;)B)
    I would agree on not going above 500 the first few cooks it can really do bad things to the gasket :(
    Spatchcock chicken is one of my favorites :) I also love AZRP's "The Chicken". B) Of course you can never, ever go wrong with some ribs or a nice pork butt ;)B):whistle: