Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone have a good recipes for beef short ribs?

Options
dan
dan Posts: 57
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Was wondering if anyone knew if BEEF short ribs were any good on the egg. I have done pork ribs quite a lot but have not tried beef ribs yet. Any ideas?

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Dan,
    You mean those little steaks on sticks?? A short wide bone...maybe 3 or 4 inches long and 1-2 inches think?? With a big chunk of meat, layered with fat??[p]If so, man! those babies are good. They are kinda hard to mess up, but they do benefit from a medium-long cook. I cook them like ribs...maybe slightly hotter (275), for 2 or 3 hours until crusted nicely. I like them with a little chew, and just cut off the chunk of meat and slice against the grain. You could go a bit longer maybe if you like them real tender. Depends on your tastes. But hard to beat the flavor![p]This is a marinade I like on them..not conventional, but tasty on beef...sprinkle some sesame seeds on for a nice treat.[p]Cheers!
    NB

[ul][li]Have used this on short ribs[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ