Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Cast Iron Grid is Awesome

East Cobb EggyEast Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Okay, I have made several steaks on the EGG now and the results have been pretty good. Last week, I picked up a cast iron grid at the mothership. Cooked steaks that night and the difference was apparent as soon as I put on the meat.

Got the EGG and grid up to about 600.

Put on the steaks.... then I heard the sizzle and the EGG started bellowing out smoke.

Prior to now, I have had to up the TRex method for searing from 90 seconds to 2.5 minutes per side. This time based on the observations I changed back to the 90 seconds.

The results were amazing. These were some of the best steaks that I have ever had including some pretty pricy steakhouses.

The problem I now have is: I am planning on getting a Small for traveling and as an extra cooking surface. Can I get a cast iron grate for a small??

Greg

Comments