Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Cast Iron Grid is Awesome

East Cobb EggyEast Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Okay, I have made several steaks on the EGG now and the results have been pretty good. Last week, I picked up a cast iron grid at the mothership. Cooked steaks that night and the difference was apparent as soon as I put on the meat.

Got the EGG and grid up to about 600.

Put on the steaks.... then I heard the sizzle and the EGG started bellowing out smoke.

Prior to now, I have had to up the TRex method for searing from 90 seconds to 2.5 minutes per side. This time based on the observations I changed back to the 90 seconds.

The results were amazing. These were some of the best steaks that I have ever had including some pretty pricy steakhouses.

The problem I now have is: I am planning on getting a Small for traveling and as an extra cooking surface. Can I get a cast iron grate for a small??

Greg

Comments