Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

HOW TO CLEAN EGG

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a lot of grease built up in the bottom vent hole. What suggestions are there to eliminate this grease? I have already tried by leaving grill on overnight.

Comments

• East Cobb Eggy
    East Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
    Cook a pizza....

Seriously, if you have a platesetter and a pizza stone... get the BGE up to about 600 degrees and cook a pizza... Takes about 8 to 10 minutes at this temp..

If you have not done it before, place your pizza on parchment paper so it will not stick... Make sure to minimize the overhand of parchment as it is flamable. :ohmy:

Greg
  • usc1321
    usc1321 Posts: 627
    I would crank the egg up to about 700 for about 45 min-1hr. That should cook off about everything what ever is left you can use some crumpled aluminum foil to scrape off the rest. ;)B)
  • pop-a- top
    pop-a- top Posts: 184
    How do you get grease in the bottom vent hole.
  • "How do you get grease in the bottom vent hole?"

How in the name of mad max do you get grease in the bottom vent? Did you get dropped on yor haid as a child? The bottom vent hole indeed. Take his Egg away from him someone. Now.