Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sausage burgers tonight.

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Same homemade sausage I used in OKC for fatties, just added Raging River.
Dang, I like making homemade sausage, you actually know what goes into it. :woohoo:
rrsgburger1.jpg
rrsgburger2.jpg
Just like hamburgers, punch a small hole in the middle so it swells inward not upward.

Mike

Comments

• Jawjajoe
    Jawjajoe Posts: 51
    Options
    Look awsome CWM.
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Nothing like good sausage sandwich on a good bun.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Looks good Mike, I'm doing a sausage and pepperoni pizza. -RP
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    A few nights ago, sausage and homemade Canadian Bacon.
    pie3.jpg

Mike
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Pull about 145, yummy. You have got to love the Chiefs draft. My geeze, they just picked up a CB that will be a stud. I don't think Carl is in charge.

Mike
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    The top sandwich in our home is a ground pork burger produced by a local packer. I wet them with EVOO and then rub with Ken Stone's Witchy Red. On the egg at 450 for 4/4/2. After the 4/4 a piece of hot pepper cheese goes on for the 2. Meanwhile I have grilled onions using real butter and garlic salt. The buns get smeared top and bottom with the house BBQ sauce which is Wild Boar Soul sauce. Slap it all together for a terrific tasting sandwich. On the yummy scale this is a 10 out of 10!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Have you ever ate at Barbosaso's in St. Joe? They are still in business after all these years. Maybe Friday night?

Mike
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Thats what I had but added tri color bell peppers and marinara. Yumm yumm.
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    Very nice, Mike. What do you put on these? I'd go for some grilled onions and peppers, myself. What's on yours?
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    I went with EVOO and RR, Witchy Red is hard to beat as well. Love the Hot Pepper Cheese.

Mike
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Sounds good, you going to Denver? I know it is a few months away. But plan now.

Mike
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    KISSed it tonight.

Mike
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Nothing like a sausage burger. Thanks,
    Mike
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Yep, already sent in my money for 2 tickets and half of the $ for a large demo! Very excited. My first eggfest and expanding my egg family to two, in just a year. Life is good!
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Great, I was born in Golden. Haven't been to CO for 20 years, time to see the Mountains. I will teach you left and right briskets. :whistle:
    Make sure you cook something at the first fest.

Mike
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
    Options
    I've only been to St. Joe once in my life and couldn't tell you why, where or when. As long as it's not the place serving animal brains I am good.
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Your more than welcome here if you decide to visit, you and your betta half. Got an extra room. I was born in the shadow of Pikes peak, feeds my soul every day.
    I think I want to observe the 1st fest, plus trasporting egg issues.
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    sorta like i made for the draft today...
    i broke open 3 brats and added raging river made into patties and topped with swiss/chedder cheese... only diffrence is i put mine on a english muffin... was pretty good ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Sounds good, and how did your draft go? The State of Wisconsin just got more athletic and smarter.

Mike
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    That place brings back memories. I can't believe it is still there. They used to have 2 locations, one downtown and on out east on Frederick. I grew up thinking that was "real" Mexican food.

Wow...small world isn't it?
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Jake 42 will testify, you will be mad you are not firing up an egg. I told him the same thing. Thanks for the offer, but I think I have a crowd showing up. I can always use help with crowd control on ribs. :) Are tasers legal there? :woohoo:

Mike
  • Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmmmmm burgers.
    That is such a good way of grillin' some ground-up hog.
    ST
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    not bad rashard mendenhall and limas sweed now the draft is almost over... went quick this year i enjoyed it.. watched coverage on nfl network and espn both done well but i think i like nfl network better... no mel kiper sitting there like we should all bow down and kiss his a$$ :angry::sick:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    The one downtown rocks, great setting. Sausage/beef tacos, then deep fat fried. Was Massey's BBQ open when you were there?

Mike
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Herm is a draft guru today. :woohoo: Pig is some form is always good.

Mike
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    He would probably prefer his hair. What is up with that? Just shows the big mouths win.

Mike
  • Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Good ol' field goal-kickin' Herm did take over the chefs
    as the oldest team in the NFL, so he's looking for all
    starters.
    And am I satisfied with my boyz? Of course not... no reason to be. I mean their entire D-line have been #1 picks for the past 10 years, and they get another for their #1. And wadda-ya- know..they drafted yet another tight end. This franchise must have drafted more tight ends then any in history.
    ST
  • Fidel
    Options
    I don't think so. I haven't lived in the St. Joe area since 1991.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    They started in the early 90's, best BBQ in St. Joe. We can cook better. It sucks.

Mike
  • Fidel
    Options
    Was it around 10th and Edmond? I seem to remember a place fairly close to the courthouse - across from the Kawasaki dealer.