Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: a walk not for the timid - I said "OT"

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,887
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here's something to watch for 6:26 minutes. It's not for the squeamish who are afraid of heights. If this doesn't get your heart rate up then you're better person than I am! Watch the potholes!!!
http://www.brightcove.tv:80/title.jsp?title=1438490562
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    WOW! I am afraid of heights but that was fun.
  • Krusty
    Krusty Posts: 77
    Now that was cool!

No way you would ever get me up there, but it was fun to walk with them through it. Wow.
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    You know that weak-knee feeling you get when you get close to the edge... Well I only got it once during the entire climb. And it lasted 6:26 minutes.

I couldn't shut it off or turn away but it definitely made me appreciate not being there.

Why on earth would it even be there in the first place and just think how hard it must have been to build it.

Some things are just not supposed to be...

Spring "Flatlander" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    My computer did some really weird things and then crashed 2/3 of the way into this video. Fortunately I'm back up and running, but BEWARE!!!
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    That was the first video that gave me that funny feeling between your legs when you are looking at a 75 foot plus drop.But what is funny when that happens you back off and take a break then go right back and take a second look..Don't ask me why it just might be a rush thing.Not to sure about that walkway though.That would give some goose bumps.
  • Rascal
    Yea, I've been flying all my life and got a few cases of the "willies" watching this thing. Point is, it damn near f--ked up my 'puter BIG time! Just a word of caution...
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    another fun one

YOWZA

look for the heebie-jeebies to kick in around the 4 minute mark in the video.

huashan04b.jpg
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Sodak
    Sodak Posts: 57
    Thanks for the link; I have added that place to my list of 1000 things NOT to do before I die.
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    I just watched it, no problems. No warnings from Norton or anything. Strange...
    The Naked Whiz
  • Rascal
    While weasels don't usually get sucked into jet engines, often times they get squised by them big tires. OMG!!
  • RRP
    Sorry you had a problem, but looks like others have not - myself included. It has now been accessed 4 times on this computer and no problems, warnings or spyware detected.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Clean run here and no warnings.

Thanks Ron for the post - sure hope that was a head cam, cuz if it wan't, than the person is a completely nuts.

There is a film or clip on a road in I think South America that is much higher and extremely narrow. Some trucks had part of their wheels off the road (over the cliff side) when rounding the corners.

If you like that stuff for fun, Moab Utah has great trails that will get ones heart pumping.

GG
  • RRP
    I just back and watched that again and payed more attention to the shadow casted by the photographer. His head appeared normal (except for wanting to walk it in the first place) but there was one shot sort of sideways that the shadow showed the camera was mounted someway on his chest. To think of it - that way his arms and hands were free. Also after I caught that the relative position of other items seemed to be chest high as well. The ground shots at the holes would be from bending over - plus I'm sure he was actually monitoring the recording with a screen. I thought about that one guy he overtook who was hooking his safety belt on the wire all the way - that would have been me along with a parachute on my back and probably an empty bottle of booze in my back pocket cauz I'd have to be drunker than a skunk to be up there!