Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Foiled Onions for French Onion Soup Lovers

Angie2BAngie2B Posts: 543
edited 10:51AM in EggHead Forum
I don't know if this has been posted here, but I had these tonight and they are delish. I used 1/2 tsp. of Penzeys Beef Soup base and seasoning instead of the boullion powder. It's like eating french onion soup outta foil.

• BlueSmokeBlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Try 'em with Vidalias! Excellent!!

• BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    thanks i will have to try

happy eggin

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
    I have a bunch of videlia onions that were brought to me from Georgia. I just put a couple on now.
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 3,008
    Morning Angie2B:

Have done these many times. The link -- Sweet Onion Tutorial is the way we have done them. We really love them.

Have a GREAT day!

Brandon, FL

• HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
    I have a bunch of fresh Vidalias if you want some.
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 3,008
    Morning Ken:

Haven't seen you post in quite a while. I need to order some rubs so I will be sending you an email sometime this weekend (if I find a few minutes). "Talk" with you later.

Have a GREAT day!

Brandon, FL

• Angie2BAngie2B Posts: 543
    Very nice tutorial! I will have to try them open like that.(Meaning without the foil and in a dish) :)