Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oh Happy Day - New BGE dealer in Town

Grasshopper
Grasshopper Posts: 108
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well it has Good happened. Two weeks ago a new Patio shop opened in a neighboring town and it began selling Primo Grills, I figured OK i could buy some stuff there at least it was a grill on the same line as a BGE. Prior to that - about a month before - a patio dealer in my town was talking about becoming a BGE dealer, but i had not heard anything future from them so thought they let it go. And with the new Primo Dealer i did not know if the community could support two. Well last week the manager of the shop in my town pulled up to the bank that i work at, went to the back of her pick up and pulled out a bag of BGE charwood. Oh happy day. They are now a dealer, on dispaly in her shop is an extra large, a couple large BGEs, and a medium, along with various accessories. Just like Christmas. That made my day, now the drive is 5 minutes not 30 minutes. Not that 30 minutes is bad by 5 minutes is better. I am also dreaming of an eggfest in my town.
Grasshopper

Comments

• Grasshopper
    I live in Kankakee Illinois. The NEW BGE dealer is in Kankakee, the PRimo in Bourbonnais, Illinois.
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    So are we to assume you are looking to buy an egg or do you already have one? You know you don't have an eggcuse now that they are so close.
  • Grasshopper
    We - wife and I - have a large and a mini - picked the mini up at eggtoberfest last year. Really like the mini - provides many good cooks for the wife and i.
    Grasshopper
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Cool, I still only have the large but when I think of getting another, I really can't decide whether to get a mini or a small. With a family of 4 I'm concerned that a mini really won't be big enough, but I love the portability.
  • eggbasket
    eggbasket Posts: 111
    You see Grasshopper, one must first focus on the vision and it will come to pass. Eggers will come from the home of the mystical bird, the Jayhawk, to fest with you. (Carwash Mike is probably working on a recipe for Egged Jayhawk ;) You will also have a vision of the return of Bill, but it will remain only a vision.
    You raised him well!
    All in good fun. Save room for us at your fest!
    Hope all is well with you two.
    Carol
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    With a family of four the Mini would NOT be a good choice. The small would be much better.

Regards,
    Rich, Owner of a Large, Small and a Mini
  • Grasshopper
    Well Eggbasket i will put you down for a YES when the registrations go out. As for the vision of billy boy, it would be more like a nightmare, granted he did do well for you jhawks, but..... We in the land of the illini have gotten over him, and now are focusing on Football - remember who went to the Rose Bowl?
    Grasshopper
  • eggbasket
    eggbasket Posts: 111
    We would love to come up there.
    I know what you mean about getting over it. They come,they go. Everyone thinks we still miss Roy. :P I did forget about the Rose Bowl (congrats) because I was focused on the Orange Bowl. We do like Bill, even if he doesn't produce winners. He is just a good man. It is all good :)