Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Frozen BUTT

Gene613
Gene613 Posts: 53
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am sure that this has been asked before but, I am going to ask again. I forgot to take my BUTT out to thaw for cooking tonight and I plan on having it tomorrow for dinner. (I really don't want to go to the store tomorrow to buy something for dinner) Needless to say it is still pretty much frozen. I kept it in the meat drawer of my fridge which tends to freeze my meat. Can I put it on partially frozen or is this a BIG NO NO??? HELP PLEASE all you eggsperts. THANKS SO MUCH :pinch:

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    How big is the butt and how frozen is it? Is it hard as a rock solid or just lightly frozen.

If on the small side and just lightly frozen then you can thaw it most of the way in a sink full of cool water in a couple hours. I've put them on in the past with partially frozen interior. They will take a little longer to get done and they don't turn out quite as good as otherwise, but still pretty good.
  • Gene613
    Gene613 Posts: 53
    Its just over 7lbs and its kinda frozen on the top side of the package and pretty frozen on the bottom side. I have put it in a sink full of water in hopes that I can put it on by about 11. I wouldnt mind putting it on in the morning but since I have 3 young kids dinner has to be ready by about 6 or 630 or they go CRAZY!!!!
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    I would give it 2 hours in the water then rub it and get it on. -RP