Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spatchcock chicken dinner -- the luckiest dog in the world

Options
The Naked Whiz
The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, I spatchcocked 2 chickens last night for the daughter and 3 of her college friends before they went of to the hockey game. The store only had 4.5 lb chickens so the breasts on these cluckers were awfully big. My nutzoid wife thinks that everyone in the universe wants the breast, so she started dumping breasts on these poor girls without asking. They are all rather petite young ladies, so needless to say, we had 4 half-eaten breasts when dinner was over. Well, Scooby the Wonder Dog thinks that I am the best cook in the world and the best daddy in the world. He loves spatchcock chicken!! You know, he talks to us and he said these were the juciest chickens he had ever eaten. Considering he is a rescued dog who was running loose for a long time before someone found him, I'd guess he has eaten his share of chicken out of trash piles etc. so I take this as the highest compliment! So, if you haven't tried spatchcock chicken yet, Scooby recommends it highly! (I suppose I should get a photo of Scooby on the website. :-) )[p]TNW
[ul][li]The Naked Whiz's Website[/ul]
The Naked Whiz

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    The Naked Whiz, not the same thing, but my two Westies think my pizza is tops after I stumbled once and the cooked pizza hit the deck - top side down of course! Actually I was surprised those little rascals let it hit before scarfing it down! Granted that only happened once, but their memory of the event causes them to position themselves just in case old dad is a clutz again.

• BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Options
    When I spatchcock a chicken, I always save the backbone and giblets for stock. When I put chicken stock on Blitz's dogfood, she inhales her dinner!
  • PuppyBreath
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    Tatoosh (big male greyhound) is in good company with Scoobie, Blitz and the Westies. He always gets a snack from the Egg pickins... Last night he had smoked salmon mixed with his usual fare... When I'm doing a big cook he gets positively twitterpated...)))
    Pup

• DavidR
    DavidR Posts: 178
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]Our dog recognizes many spoken words, but if there is one word out of all of them that sets her hair on end, it's the word, "OOPS!". It don't matter where she is, or what she's doing, or if she's sound asleep. THAT word means only one thing! And she hears it alot.[p]
  • Pug
    Pug Posts: 57
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    I have a wonder pug that lets me live in my house. Some would say she is spoiled. Some would say she is overweight. (My brother says she is ready for Thanksgiving.) For a dog that spends most of her day sleeping she is keenly aware of the process to cook on the egg. As soon as I head out the door with the lighter she is in the kitchen waiting/demanding a piece of the action. I think boston butt is her favorite.[p]Steve

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    Our German Shepard, Chelsie's, favorite egg meal is definately pulled pork. She knows pulled pork means good bones, and they are gone in no time!