Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sad day at the Longknocker residence..

Options
Longknocker
Longknocker Posts: 62
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I broke my LBGE cap..:-( The green cap that you put on to snuff out the fire instead of using the daisy wheel.

Can I use Gerrilla glue to put it back together seeing is I only use it to snuff out the fire at the end of a cook or is there still to much heat and JB Weld is still required?

Thanks

Comments

• Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Check with your dealer. I had the same issue you do. I went to see if I could order one, or if she had one. She said some of the people she sells to, don't want it. She happily gave me one she was using as a paper weight.
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    I would go with the JB weld.There is still alot of heat in the egg when you put the lid on it.And it stays warm for a long time.Add to that the fact that heat rises.I am just not sure that gorilla would hold up to the temps.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    when i first got my egg i had some friends over and did not walk them out to the grill... well my byddy bret grabbed and pulled the cover off and let it drop to the ground.... he didn't realize he had the rain cap also.. well it broke..... i replaced it 5 years later... with no problems... i should have replaced it earlier but just never thought much of it..

sorry for your loss.. just go buy a new one ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BamaFan
    BamaFan Posts: 658
    Options
    I only use it for rainy days
  • Slotmercenary
    Slotmercenary Posts: 1,071
    Options
    Yow really don't need it. i have three of them and have never used one. just close the daisey wheel tight when you are done a cook and the bottom vent and you will be fine.
  • ccrider
    ccrider Posts: 11
    Options
    Just put some foil under the daisey and all will be well. It will snuff the fire out just as quick as the ceramic top.
  • Old Salt
    Old Salt Posts: 357
    Options
    Mine has broken a few times and I just used JB Weld. I always use my cap when shutting down.
  • Old Salt
    Old Salt Posts: 357
    Options
    Mine has broken a few times and I just used JB Weld. I always use my cap when shutting down.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    JB Weld works the best. Or just put foil under the daisy wheel.

JB weld for the plate setter still holding up fine

platesetter.jpg

100_1600.jpg

The large on the right with foil under the cap works great

100_1808.jpg

Hope it helps

Pat