Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Speaking of Paella

The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
edited 8:24AM in EggHead Forum
Anybody know what happened to La Mesa foods? They were around about a year ago, but their website is dead. I hadn't tried their products/service yet, but was about to.
The Naked Whiz
·

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,879
    Not sure what you are seeking, but here is a great source for mexican sauces.

http://www.santacruzchili.com/productss.html

This one has alot of various items.
    http://www.adrianascaravan.com/

HTH
    Richard Melbourne Fl.
    ·
  • EmandM'sDadEmandM'sDad Posts: 648
    Here's another that you probably already have

www.latienda.com

Really nice people with lots of good stuff
    -mike
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,879
    This works a little better.

http://www.tienda.com/?CMP=KNC-Google&gclid=CIytv-br7pICFRcdsgodlRPU4w

Sometimes the url? gets goofey when i copy and paste.
    ·
    Thanks, everything gets goofy when I try to type :sick:
    mike
    ·
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    La Mesa was Spanish foods. I'll use La Tienda. Thanks!
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
    Yep, got 'em. I'm placing an order shorly. THanks!
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    saturday i ordered the pan, that bambi? bamboo? bomba? rice, and saffron. so get your paella pics and recommendations ready this will be my first attempt , hopefully saturday.
    ·
    Bill,
    i was thinking the same thing. we can compare pics.
    mike
    ·
    sounds like a plan, hopefully all my stuff will be here. this is my first time and i am 'under the gun' the younger son seems to know all about it including the brown 'crust' on the bottom and the older son says he likes it. where they got this info is beyond me . i am using third~eye's and tnw's sites for info. any info / advice would be appreciated as the boys are harsh critics...somehthing they learned from their mother :laugh: :evil:
    ·
    Bomba. We'll be watching!
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • I just read that Arborio rice used in Risotto works very well for paella. I might have to join this paella party!!
    ·
  • This is probably not going to be read because its day two on this thread. But here’s my 2 cents.
    Buy the Bomba. I know its pricey but it is so much less screwing around and you will end up with a good product for all your effort.
    Other short grain rice MAY work sometimes but you can barely move it around and you end up with a glob instead of nice separate grains
    ·
    should be delivered today got it from amazon... a bit expensive for rice but i want to reduce my chance of failure and enhance my chances of a killer first try
    thanks for your input as i was wondering if buying it was just a case of more money than brains
    bill
    ·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    you don't want to move it around, too. as you add the rice to the broth, stir it only enough to spread it out evenly, then that's it. stirring rice will defeat the formation of the soccorat
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • PyroPyro Posts: 101
    Adding the rice to the broth is doing it backwards. Add the rice to the oil, cooked onion, garlic and whatever else is in the pan. After the oil has coated the rice, then add the warmed broth in increments as you would with a risotto. This prevents clumping and has each grain of rice coated with a flavored oil.
    ·