Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big'uns Party update!

Options
Big'un
Big'un Posts: 5,909
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First of all, we all had a great time!! Bente was kind enough to come over the day before and help with all the prep work. It was alot of fun to just cook and shoot the sh&t. Terry is such a great guy and a lot of fun to cook with. We made a couple of pinapplestuffed jerk pork loins, coleslaw, sausage stuffed mushies, cardamom-lime wings, Mango salsa, Coconut macaroons; some with chocolate, grape-pinapple & chilisauce meatballs, apricot-dijon meatballs, And hot buttered rum.

Bente brought some pulled pork, which brought rave reviews! Vidalia1 brought some awesome bean dip(rapidly disappearing) & some angel food cake, B & C and Richard brought some delicious broccoli salad with craisons. We had Hawaiian ribs, several types of chicken, coconutcake, potato salad, ham and cumin wraps, chocolate chips, brownies, bowtie pasta, chicken salad dip. I know that I am forgeting some items that some brought and/or mixing up who brought what, but the main thing is, we had such a great time with all of our friends. Gail& Mike, and Ruth from Southern Patio also came(wonderful people).

Kim brought his pot...grabber :woohoo: and helped move my eggs onto their new cooking deck. That grabber is absolutely cool! Kim was pretty buff after moving those two eggs. So I can now close in on some finishing details of my OD kitchen.

We had a really great time telling jokes and stories about each other and just getting to know everyone a little bit better. We could not have asked for a better bunch a people to show up! We had 27 people show up. I am hoping that we'll get the same & some more folks for the chili party in Nov., Plan now!

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    well big'un it was a lot of fun for me and the family... we will see what we can do about the chili party.. only someone has to bring the cheerios!!!LOL ;)

anyway here are some of the pictures i took

100_0335.jpg

here is vidalia1 and his better looking half

100_0337.jpg

100_0338.jpg

big'un's famous pork loin

100_0339.jpg

100_0341.jpg

100_0345.jpg

the mushrooms (sorry bad picture)

100_0340.jpg

the aformentioned bean dip

100_0342.jpg

100_0343.jpg

100_0344.jpg

the eggs we moved

100_0350.jpg

100_0346.jpg

100_0349.jpg

and one not from big'uns

100_0331.jpg

sorry i think this was the best picture taken all weekend

i had a great time i am extremely sorry i did not get a picture of B&C.. i think they are in the witness relocation program because i had the camera out alot but thewy never appear in any of my photos except in the backround of one and connie was blocking bill :( i think they went and hid :silly: :woohoo: :laugh:

anyway great meeting everyone...

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Big'un
    Options
    Great pics Terry! I agree that the last one is by far the best!! Daniel left his electronics here. I'll be sending it soon. Bill and Connie were in the second to last picture; they were in the back on the right. Thanks Bro!
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    yea he left his bathing suit also... i swear if it is not attached it is subject to get left behind :cheer:

yea it looks like connie is hiding bill :whistle:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• B & C
    B & C Posts: 217
    Options
    And I thought what happened at Big'un's, stayed at Big'un's.

Connie and I enjoyed meeting everyone, had a great time, and wished we had gotten there earlier and could have stayed longer. It was wonderful evening in a beautiful setting there on the lake with the sunset and then the full moon.

Todd and Jeannie are great hosts and they have 2 great sons (a lot to be proud of). And the prettiest and sweetest girl there was Parker, could she be any cuter. Great to see Terry "Bente" with all of his family, Leah, Daniel, and the belle of the ball Parker, also Kim and Ginnie Youngblood "Vidalia1", Gail, Mike, and Ruth of Southern Patio. I wasn't able to get everyone's names who were there but there were some really nice folks to go with the elaborate fare of food.

We are already looking forward to the chili party in November.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I wish I had been invited ;)

Next time I hope to make it. Looks like everyone had fun.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    You had a fest and didn't let anyone know? I try to make it to these things but I can't without a little notice, LOL. Sounds like a great get together Todd, sure wish I had other Eggheads in this state that were active. -RP
  • Big'un
    Options
    Ok Randy, the "Chili at the Lake" party is going to be Nov 1st. We would love to welcome Desert Filly and you to our home!
  • Big'un
    Options
    You know you were invited!! I even have the sent email. And..Terry talked to you about it. Early invite right now...Nov 1st! :side:
  • Big'un
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words. We really enjoyed everyone there. I hope we won't have to wait so long to get together again!
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    When I got the invite to Big Un's party I thought "hey I don't know this guy and he is inviting us to his party". How cool was that. So Ginny and I drove through the traffic of Atlanta and boy were we glad we went.

Todd & Jeannie really know how to throw a party. There was more food there than we could eat in a week. It was great to meet Terry and his family, B & C, Richard, the folks from Southern patio and all the other guests.

Todd the funniest line of the night was from Cheryl (i think that was her name) talking about your hot meat....I will say no more :woohoo:

any way it was a great time and we are looking forward to the next Big Un minifest....
  • Big'un
    Options
    Thanks for such kind words. You and Ginnie were a delight to have there; Great attitudes, great sense of humor, great folks!
  • Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Options
    Sorry I was unavailable to attend your party - it looks and sounds great. Have you set a specific date for the chili party in November? I have an unusual "chili con mucho cervaza" recipe that I want to try - it was good the only time I tried it on the stove. I think the Egg will add its own dimensions of flavor.

Roudy
  • EddieMac
    EddieMac Posts: 423
    Options
    Dang!! That looks like a great time was had by all!! Most everyone got Lei'd.....that can't be a bad thing, now can it?!?!

Eddiemac
    Ft. Pierce, FL
  • EddieMac
    EddieMac Posts: 423
    Options
    Dang!! That looks like a great time was had by all!! Most everyone got Lei'd.....that can't be a bad thing, now can it?!?!

Eddiemac
    Ft. Pierce, FL
  • GirlyEgg
    GirlyEgg Posts: 622
    Options
    I miss ONE chili fest and I'm shunned from future gatherings? :P

Looks like a great time! I'm perfecting my chili waitin' on November!