Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Love my new XL egg

Options
Mahi-Mahi
Mahi-Mahi Posts: 162
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have cooked chicken, ribs twice, pork loin, T rex steaks and everything has been great. I use the flip ring from egg accessories and pan and hanger and smaller grate. I put the hanger upside down and put the alum pan with foil over it on the hanger. Than I put the grill grate from egg accessories on top of the flip ring that raises the grate above the split of the egg.

With this setup I can add more chips if I want. When I am done I throw the foil away that was over the pan. It cuts down on the clean up. The 18 inch pan that seems to be the right size to protect the food from burning when indirect.

My friend is going to buy a XL also. Like he said this morning, on the gas grill I am trying to keep everything from drying out and with the egg you can be more creative how you do the cooking because of the high relative humidity in the egg when cooking.

You do not worry about people wanting to come over to eat with the egg!
I hold 225 with the XL with no problem.

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Sounds great and congratulations.

I think with more of the eggaccessories this will put a new focus on the XL and make it much easier to work with in different setups.

Get some pictures up with those cooks.

GG
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    Congratulations on the XL. I love to cook on mine as well. I find it as versatile as the large.As Grandpa's Grub said, there are a lot of new eggcessories available from both the mothership and others on the forum, and more are coming. Used to be very limited.
    Hammer