Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mushroom help

Options
Slick
Slick Posts: 382
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A few weeks ago, someone posted a cook that involved mushrooms cooked in foil with beer. I've tried to search, but to no avail. Does anyone remember the rest of the ingredients or have a knock-out method for mushrooms?

Thanks

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I like them in butter with some chopped garlic and a splash of either red vine or balsamic. I sautée them in a cast iron skillet until tender. They go great with a steak. I also like to add some thinly sliced onions.

I imagine you could adapt this to a foil pouch pretty easily. I think it was Kim (vidalia1) posted the mushrooms with beer in a foil pouch sometime in the past week.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    here you go

Mushrooms, Button, W/Garlic & Parsley Butter, RhumAndJerk

Ingredients
    1 lb butter, room temp
    3 cloves of garlic, minced
    .5 cup finely chopped parsley
    salt and pepper
    1 lb mushrooms
    olive oil

Procedure
    1 Heat BGE to 350
    2 Combine butter, garlic and parsley and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
    3 To prepare the mushrooms, remove the stems, lightly coat with olive oil and grill until tender.
    4 Place a spoonful of the butter mixture in each cap.
    5 Place on platter and serve.

Servings: 1

Recipe Type
    Side Dish

Recipe Source
    Author: RhumAndJerk

Source: BGE Eggtoberfest '05, RhumAndJerk

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    It sounds like my drunken shrooms.They are pretty tasty.I add a liitle evoo&balsamic vinegar.Than I put garlic powder and whatever other spices look good at the time.Then I add some beer for it all to simmer in.Damn ,now I want shrooms again :woohoo:Times vary because I usually throw these in witchever egg has room.45min-1hr at 250*.Shorter time for higher heat.It ain't rocket science :laugh: :laugh:

steak003.jpg
  • Slick
    Slick Posts: 382
    Options
    That's the one! Thanks, just in time for dinner!
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    No problem dude.I hope you like them ;)