Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

5.75 lb turkey Breast @ 250 degrees - how long?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

hiya folks... [p]I am smoking a turkey breast(in at 1:41pm EDT), one of those weird ones with no legs or arms and cracked through the ribs(I didn't buy it... )... anyhoo, it is 5.75 lbs, it was brined... so just pondering about when it may be done, at 250 degrees.[p]:) [p]I haven't smoked a turkey this small yet... [p]Thanks folks.[p]-S.H.

Comments

• Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    Options
    Scott Hardin,
    I would suggest cooking this breast at 325-350 until the internal temp is 160. Slow cooking a turkey breast is prone to dry meat because of the absence of fat.
    Regards,
    Marvin

• Unknown
    Options
    Marvin,[p]well I kept it about 250... and took it out, 2 hrs and 15 minutes or so later, and it was liek 170. Done, moist, juicy... [p]very nice![p]Thank you for the reply though.[p]-S.H.
  • Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    Options
    Scott Hardin,
    Thanks for the followup. Just goes to show the latitude the Egg provides in both time and temp leading to good eats.
    Regards,
    Marvin