Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking Lobster Tails on the BGE

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm looking for advice for cooking 1/2 pound lobster tails.
Can anyone help?[p]Thanks,
Hal

Comments

• Hal Turner,
    I've had great results grilling lobster tail both "kabob-ed" and whole (out of the shell).[p]I've tried it plain (no seasoning) and its great, but the most amazing I've made was cut into pieces, and brined in what amounted to montreal steak seasoning; kosher salt, coarse pepper, dried garlic and onion. (I was at somebody else's house so I didn't have my whole spice arsenal!)[p]As far heat and time, go with a hot fire 400+ and grill direct until done. It wont take long, maybe 5 - 10 minutes for chunks, longer for a whole one. A little oil on the tail will help keep it from sticking.[p]I've heard of others having great luck doing the tail in the shell, but have not yet tried it myself. I kinda like getting a bit of grill char on the meat.[p]That's some good eatin, enjoy!
    bc

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Hal Turner, Check this out. It"s been a winner around here for a long time.
    Painter

[ul][li]hound dog's proven lobster recipe[/ul]