Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Can You Cook Something You Don't Like?

NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,246
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Are you able to cook something that you don't like for someone else?

Tonight I plank smoked a nice hunk of salmon:
100_8468Medium.jpg

I rubbed it with olive oil, seasoned it with McCormick's Seafood Rub (actually very good for a mainstream commercial product), and put it on a soaked plank in the Egg for 20 minutes at 400f. Every 5 minutes, I basted it with a mixture of 2 tbs sherry, 2 tbs honey and 1 tbs soy sauce.

It came out just about perfect
100_8470Medium.jpg

I tasted it and knew it was seasoned right and perfectly done. Only thing is, I can't eat salmon (or most fish, except mahi mahi). I know what it's supposed to taste and feel like, I just don't like it.

The family devoured it and not a scrap was left. I just ate the potatoes, asparagus, and grilled romaine caeser salad that I made, happy that they enjoyed the salmon.

So how about you? Is there something that you cook for others, and do it well, even though you won't eat it?

Comments