Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hello from Northern Virginia

Options
BchrisL
BchrisL Posts: 7
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello.

I am Chris.

I like to cook North Carolina style barbeque, and have been working on my recipe for many years. I strive to reproduce the same results every time. I have made only tiny adjustments to my recipe in the last ten years, and have finally arrived at, what I think is “my recipe".

DSCN1457-1.jpg

I cook in a LARGE Big Green Egg, seen here in the process of cooking a Boston Butt.
Gestates Similis Pullus Large Big Green Egg Lodge Hibachi Charbroil Gas Grill

Comments

• ViennaJack
    ViennaJack Posts: 357
    Options
    BchrisL wrote:
    Hello.

I am Chris.

I like to cook North Carolina style barbeque, and have been working on my recipe for many years. I strive to reproduce the same results every time. I have made only tiny adjustments to my recipe in the last ten years, and have finally arrived at, what I think is “my recipe".

I cook in a LARGE Big Green Egg, seen here in the process of cooking a Boston Butt.

Greetings from Vienna!
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Yes.... Go on......
  • Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    I can see where your loyalties lie - looks like someone painted a backwards image of North Carolina on the top of that Egg!

-- from the other side of the river . . .
  • Buckdodger
    Buckdodger Posts: 957
    Options
    All right Chris....lets have it. The recipe that is and welcome from a fairly new Eggster. I live in the soverign state of Alabama but I use KC style sauce on my Q'd stuff. I'll trade recipes with ya.
    Bob
    Alex City, Al B)

Opelika, Alabama
  • DynaGreaseball
    DynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    Options
    The beauty of the colors in your back yard, is only exceeded by the promise of what will soon emerge from that odd, round, green cooker with what looks to be perfect puffs of smoke (probably Hickory) emanating from it's top.

Congrats Chris. Hope you'll share some more pix of your BBQ.

Welcome aboard.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Welcome! My mouth is watering we would love the recipe!
    Great lookin backyard.
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Susan Egglaine
    Susan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
    Options
    I missed something here... the recipe?
    I read the post twice :unsure:
  • DynaGreaseball
    DynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    Options
    I think he means he finally obtained a brand new BGE, and that completed his method in the persuit of perfection of his BBQ making. Notice the shiny new stainless steel doors on his BGE.

He's just proud of his new Egg. Anyway, that's how I read it.
  • Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Options
    Hi BchrisL,
    Welcome aboard.... :whistle: Just a little curious about the recipe. I must admit I don't have any original recipes though :blush: I just get alot of my recipes from this forum. Have fun with the BBQ!

Happy Egging, Pharmeggist
  • Buckdodger
    Buckdodger Posts: 957
    Options
    Your mission Chris...should you choose to accept it...is to holler back at us. Looking at the lovely landscape behind your deck and the wisp of hickory smoke coming from your BGE it appears that we are looking downhill. Is that water we see through your trees?? Anxious to hear from you. And BTW ur one step ahead of me...I haven't figured out how to post a pic.

See ya!
    Bob
    Alex City, Al ;)

Opelika, Alabama
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Welcome to the greatest forum on earth..... :woohoo: ....your place looks beautiful. All the best.
  • Double Bogey
    Options
    Very nice yard. Pulled pork is one of the great rewards derived from owning a BGE. I can't get enough of the stuff. Welcome, and post a picture of the results of your cook so that we can all enjoy it.
    Larry
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    you've just signed on here after cooking ten years on the egg? i bet you know more about it than most of us. whereya been?
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • BchrisL
    BchrisL Posts: 7
    Options
    I suppose I could give you my recipe,
    ......but I ain't gonna! :evil:

I can tell you that if you were to go out and get your self a copy of

barbecue_bible_lg.jpg

STEVEN RAICHLEN's book
    THE BARBECUE BIBLE
    and turn to page 154 and check out
    ELIZABETH KARMEL'S
    NORTH CAROLINA-STYLE PULLED PORK

You could not do much better if you follow those instructions. This is where I started. After a whole bookcase of barbeque books this is the one I use. This guy is a trained cook and understands spice theory. He will give you insite into the chorus of spices that create a taste statement when you bite into a savory piece of Q.

Thanks for all the replies I am glad to hear from you all. :)
    Gestates Similis Pullus Large Big Green Egg Lodge Hibachi Charbroil Gas Grill
  • Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Options
    I have the afore mentioned book.... and I will give it a try for sure. Glad to have you on board :)

Happy Egging, Pharmeggist