Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Showing Off...and a Wedding, Too!

Options
mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First the news: AlexShark and I were married last Sunday in our backyard.[p]Then the fun: Family in town and I got some great opportunities to display egg expertise. Had the group over one night for steaks and lobster tails...prime rib eye with some light seasoning and Australian tails rubbed with a little peanut oil and lemon juice. Absolute groans of pleasure. Whee.[p]Then another night got to do Mr. Toad's pork loin (2 of them) with grilled portabellos. Wide-eyed silence as they inhaled it. All of it.[p]Did make one interesting discovery. Found there is a great difference between a pork loin and a pork tenderloin. I couldn't figure out WHERE you would find a 4 lb pork tenderloin. I've been using those one pound things and it is hellacious to stuff them, although I manage!!! Ran into my first observable pork line and thought aha...that's what he meant all along. But the tenderloins have been so good I hate to change. Will the regular loin be just as juicy and wonderful?[p]So that's the scoop. I'm stuffed still. Such happy guests. I'm feeling pretty smug myself!

Comments

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    MollyShark,
    I have tried Mr. Toad's Pork Loin a couple of times. The first may have been the best thing off the egg, IMHO. I tried to replicate the others and wound up with dry pork. I was careful on the temp and heat, they just did not turn out as well. However, the first was sooo good, I will keep trying. It's kind of like crack.... uh.. did I type that outloud??? Just Kidding.[p]I don't see how you can mess up the small tenderloins, they are always a great meal. Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Apollo Beach, FL
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    MollyShark,
    My best to you and AlexShark!
    Does the poor guy know that in a very short time he will weigh a lot more than he does now? ;>)
    Good Life to you all[p]Sundown/Carey[p]